Kitchen works

Options
Afternoon,

We are having a kitchen from Wren and their company Quadrassist have provided a quote for extra works we need.

It includes moving several sockets, doing full electrical tests, blanking off a couple of sockets as well as making right and skimming 3 walls and capping off gas. It also includes adding an outside tap and moving the stop tap for the water less than 1m.
The quote is £3800. Obviously I haven't provided the full list of work but this quote seems a lot to me, including £1770 just for electrical.

Its our first house so I don't know if this is the going price for things or not and therefore given an idea of what we are having done and if the price sounds about right.

Thanks in advance

Jack
Debt Free Journey
6th April 2021 - first steps taken to becoming debt free with StepChange help

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not really, no. If you're going to use a big company to do something for you, they're going to charge you big company prices for doing it.

Are they doing the kitchen fit too then? Did you get other quotes?

I would never get the retailer to fit.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • jack_1992
    jack_1992 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They're the company fitting the kitchen too yes, so they offer the extra work alongside it.
    We thought of getting this company to do the extra work so everything goes where it would work best in the kitchen. I wouldn't know where to put the sockets etc that is going to make it best for the hob, oven etc
    Debt Free Journey

• henry24
    henry24 Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So you have never read about Wren on the Consumer Rights pages.
  • cddc
    cddc Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Also worth noting that there is a Facebook page called Wren Kitchen Nightmares with over 1500 members.

They do get it right more often than not, otherwise they could not still be in business, but boy, are they hopeless at putting it right when things go wrong.
  • premkit
    premkit Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tell everyone it's not the cost, it's who is doing the work. They must be vetted, or look at previous work. A bad fitter will ruin your year, a good one will put a smile on your face every time to walk in to the kitchen.
  • jack_1992
    jack_1992 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies.

I have seen the negative posts about Wren, I have had an issue with them but have resolved it and compensated me already so whilst I was annoyed, they have gone up in my estimations also.

premkit, that post made a huge difference too. I agree, knowing the work will be done right, I don't need to project manager a thousand different people and knowing it will be done properly means Im going to be happy. It may be a little more than I expected and thought but knowing it will be done well is now what I have decided I want.
    Debt Free Journey

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure