First unread post

Options
Hello
I wonder if you could help me - I subscribe to a few threads here, but sometimes struggle to keep up and lose my place.
Is there a way to find the first unread post in a thread?
Thanks
Comp Wins 2014 - £200 Thats Life Mag Win

Comments

• tomatta
    tomatta Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would also like to know this
  • jrtfan
    jrtfan Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

Not sure which version of the forums you're using, I'm on the older-style green version and when I open a thread, I get an option 'View First Unread' in the header bar, just above the window where the actual posts appear.

tmp_12750_Screenshot_2017_01_18_22_17_5413960513.png
  • Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Not sure what you are asking, however click on your avatar and see all your posts. You can click on your last post on that thread, then read all the rest. I have a thread in Money Savers called HOW, Please post on that, and someone will demonstrate, if you want. Lots of info on that thread to help, oh and some silly stuff.
    Tips x
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello
    I wonder if you could help me - I subscribe to a few threads here, but sometimes struggle to keep up and lose my place.
    Is there a way to find the first unread post in a thread?
    Thanks

At the top of the forums is a button called Forum Help with a video help guide to posting and reading the forums.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • Nessun_Dorma
    Nessun_Dorma Posts: 6,436 Forumite
    Options
    On the "old style" forum, if you clicked on the small icon to the left of the thread title, in "Control Panel," it would take you the "first unread post." The "new style" forum doesn't have that feature, or am I missing it?

I don't like the "new style" and I have been trying to turn it back to the "old style," but the feature in control panel is not working, can anybody help?
  • sunshineandlollipops
    Options
    I wanted to find out how to do this too. It seems odd that it wouldn't be there on the new forum settings.
  • Nessun_Dorma
    Nessun_Dorma Posts: 6,436 Forumite
    Options
    Bump.

Anybody know how to either change back to the old style forum, or where all the features have gone?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure