Encouraged Learning In Trading Excellence

Options

Comments

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    discowill wrote: »
    Damn you ELITE :(
    IMG_39472.jpg

Left empty handed as I really can't get any more chocolate as OH would probably leave me. :eek:

Thanks again

Loads at thurrock Asda today :). And for the first time every saw the elusive FF's and couldnt remember what glitches with them :o
  • lutzi1
    lutzi1 Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Greetings lovelies!

Sorry I haven't been posting recently, but this comes with warmest regards from sunny Portugal. Just popped over for a few days to recharge the batteries, we've never been away in December before and it feels quite strange, but it's great, beautiful sunshine and so cheap it's embarrassing. (Eg car hire 21 quid for 6 nights, a lovely new 2 bed 4star villa for 28 quid a night). Very MSE and a real tonic.

Hope you're all having lots of bargains and glitches and fun getting ready for Xmas, just save some for me when I get back :D

Lutz xx
    Hope is not a strategy.
  • Witch_Hazel
    Witch_Hazel Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=57820217&posted=1#post57820217

Xbox360 games on offer tomorrow at tosco, includes halo4.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good evening. The Vaseline bag is showing T £3.66 valid until 24/12/12 on MSM for me as of right now (with a crossed out price of £5.50). I suppose you could buy, with the Adidas Ice Trio and fillers, and return the items if it doesn't work for you. Or make up (no pun intended) to £40 shop if you are using a £5 off. I can't guarantee it will compare on the APG if your 'local' MSM doesn't show it.

Which gets me thinking...
    What are the 'rules' that the APG site uses regarding items that are showing only for some people on MSM or items that don't show when logged out (or in, etc.)? In the past I bought Fox's Glacier Mints at A when they were £1 elsewhere - yes Smartprice Clear Mints and Sainsbury's Basics etc. are cheaper but I really like the taste of the Fox's - the Glacier Mints didn't show for me when logged in on MSM, but did show when logged out. They did compare (£1 vs £1) on the APG. I also tried Branston 4 pk Beans - they showed when logged in but not logged out. They failed to appear on the APG comparison at all - and didn't trigger anything. Yet the Vaseline make up bag - shown logged in - compared fully for me even though it isn't there when I'm logged out.

Please can someone who has taken better records of these things let us know any pattern to how the APG is comparing when items are or aren't shown when logged in, out or round about??!!! For example, what if items are showing out-of-stock at competitor when logged in, but showing available at competitor when logged out? Do they compare or do they return N/A? If they are showing out-of-stock elsewhere when logged out do they still compare or do they compare only if your own MSM has them, and in stock, when logged in. Sometimes I even manage to buy items in A that MSM says are out of stock. The Vitality Precision Clean toothbrush was, supposedly, out of stock for A on MSM for me when I bought it. It still compared with T's price. T has the Vitality Precision Clean when I'm logged out on MSM but not when I'm logged in (it's on MSM for neither when I am logged in). When logged in, A just has the Dual Clean but T doesn't, whether logged in or out.

Often however, when MSM logged in says OOS for A, I do indeed find that my attempt to find it instore proves futile. It's usually quite accurate in that regard. A word of warning: I once bought Lynx Shower Gel when on £1 in A (M's offer had ended unfortunately) on a Sains. comparison when Sains. showing as N/A on MSM (I now understand that that should read "showing as N/A for me" as different things I now know different things show for different people on MSM). It compared vs S on the APG at £2.40, even though 'my' MSM showed N/A (and had done so for longer than 7 days).

Certain items do seem to have constant glitches (and don't mean always in our favour) on MSM - A's Cox Apples bag seems to be constantly missing (the MSM companion said it couldn't help on this item when I was on the Cox Apple Bag page on asda.com). Fox's Glacier Mints are another example. The Mr Kipling Fruity Pie Selection often shows, for me, as OOS at A (and available everywhere else) despite being available in my local superstore. Sometimes it is indeed unavailable but sometimes I find it - and, even when marked OOS for A on MSM it appears sometimes it is listed in the APG comparison and sometimes it is absent. Are there any 'rules' to the way things turn up or don't on the APG? Can anyone detect a pattern and, if so, please enlighten us.

MSM:
    showing A OOS logged in, but A in stock logged out - does it return on APG?
    showing a competitor OOS logged in, but competitor having stock logged out - does that return?
    showing A OOS logged out but in stock when logged in???
    etc. etc.
    Item fails to appear at all logged out but shows prices and compares when logged in. One current product that has been causing me to ponder about whether I should buy it is the Jamie Oliver Crispy Pollock Fishcakes (2 per pack - 180g) on a W comparison. It shows A £1.98 or any 2 for £3, and W £1 when I'm logged in. (Ocado also has pricing - I know the APG doesn't include Ocado - with S and T both N/A.) When I log out, it suddenly becomes A on £1.98/2 for £3, with S £1.99 any 2 for £3, Ocado has pricing, and T and W now N/A!!! Should I buy 1.98 at A vs W £1 (logged in) or does APG come back N/A and leave me with some v. expensive fishcakes? (W N/A when I'm logged out.) Or is everyone best mixing and matching Crispy Pollock with the Salmon and Pollock Jamie Oliver fishcakes and hoping A price glitches 1.98x2 vs Sains 2 for £3 multibuy (the system would have to pick up the mix and match for Sains. but not for A)? Again, any wombles that help gratefully received for my viewing perusal on this thread.

Many thanks.
  • Miss_Laid
    Miss_Laid Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    Options
    meat.jpg

Took me ages sorting out the whoopsied meat this is what £11.xx of mainly T's finest range, the nice S/A took 2 coupons as she said I had bought "loads" of finest stuff :) Freezer tetris took a while :)
    Anyone can cuddle but only the Welsh can cwtch :)
  • streetlights
    streetlights Posts: 3,577 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2012 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Good evening everybody, I hope you had a good day. I hope you are well. Here is my shop from earlier. APG of £10.77, I hope this looks ok. I did buy LOB as well.
    0.06 x ASDA Carrots by Weight (100g) £0.05 £0.05
    0.22 x ASDA Onions by Weight (100g) £0.19 N/A
    0.17 x ASDA Red Onions by Weight (100g) £0.15 N/A
    1 x ASDA Paracetamol 500mg Tablets (16) £0.15 N/A
    2 x Cadbury Fabulous Fingers (3x110g) £14.00 £8.00
    2 x Carte Noire Decaffeinated Coffee (100g) £7.56 £4.00
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Dolly Mixture (100g) £0.38 £0. 44
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Mini Jelly Babies (100g) £0.38 N/A
    1 x ASDA Smartprice Ready to Serve Custard (385g) £0.17 £0.17
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Giant White Mice Bar (15g) £0.10 N/A
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Giant Rainbow Buttons Bar (15g) 0.10
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
  • sally06
    sally06 Posts: 4,132 Forumite
    Options
    DS is 11, will be 12 just after Xmas. He too loves when he spots free samples and stands in stores, he's worked out that most of them have MOCs and is loving the choc ones at the moment. He did spot one for Ricola sweets yesterday and had to try them but when the lady offered him a 50p off MOC he turned round and told her 'mum has loads of those in the house, she got them all free when Boots had a glitch on!' :o:eek: Needless to say I disappeared quite quickly.

love it :D
  • sally06
    sally06 Posts: 4,132 Forumite
    Options
    Miss_Laid wrote: »
    meat.jpg

Took me ages sorting out the whoopsied meat this is what £11.xx of mainly T's finest range, the nice S/A took 2 coupons as she said I had bought "loads" of finest stuff :) Freezer tetris took a while :)

well done :)
  • Witch_Hazel
    Witch_Hazel Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Good evening. The Vaseline bag is showing T £3.66 valid until 24/12/12 on MSM for me as of right now (with a crossed out price of £5.50). I suppose you could buy, with the Adidas Ice Trio and fillers, and return the items if it doesn't work for you. Or make up (no pun intended) to £40 shop if you are using a £5 off. I can't guarantee it will compare on the APG if your 'local' MSM doesn't show it.
    Not sure if i'm reading you right at all?!
    Using your example above buy the vaseline bag and adidas stuff in sada for £8.00 but them same products are £7.66 in tosco so you save yourself 34p but cost yourself more than 34p for your fillers if doing an apg.
  • boo_2112
    boo_2112 Posts: 1,092 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco coupon shop FYI for fillers maybe :)

£3.18 £7.96 £4.89
    Tesco was cheaper Tesco was cheaper Tesco was cheaper
    1 x CANDEREL GRANULAR SWEETENER 75G 1.00 2.00 0.90 N/A
    2 x TESCO 4 BATTEREDCHUNKY PRIME CODFILLETS 500G 5.00 * 6.00 N/A N/A
    2 x CUSHELLE WHITE T/TISSUE 4 ROLL 720 SHEET 3.50 4.36 4.36 4.36
    1 x PHILADELPHIA CAD CHOCOLATE LIGHT 160G 0.81 1.00 1.64 N/A
    1 x TAMPAX TAMPONS APPLICATOR SUPERPLUS 20 P/M 1.85 1.98 1.85 1.88
    1 x ARIEL EXCEL GEL COLOUR 24 WASH 888 ML 4.00 4.00 4.00 8.00
    1 x FAIRY PLATIMUM DISHWASH LEMON 20'S 4.00 4.00 7.49 N/A
    2 x TESCO L/C EVAP SEMI-SKIMMED MILK 410G 1.00 1.00 1.14 N/A
    1 x TESCO FINEST COCONUT PRAWNS &MANGO SALSA 260G 2.00 N/A N/A N/A
    2 x LENOR FAB COND SPRING AWAKENING1.4LITRE 4.00 N/A 6.74 N/A