PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 4th January 2018

Options
124»

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all. I have been AWOL since Tuesday as we were burgled in the early hours of Wednesday morning. We were asleep in need. The top opener above the dining room was wrenched open any left hanging drunkenly on one hinge. Meh.

Usual stuff went- phone, laptop, tablet(expensive),handbag cash,sons wallet with Xmas money. OH's stuff upstairs including car keys. Meh.Am typing this on my kindle fire. Difficult. Still no one WS head hurt. Can't sleep though.

Well enough of me. Hugs to poorlies and worried.

Gintot
    Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad that no one was physically hurt but can understand why you can't sleep. The emotional impact this has had on you must be horrible. Please take care of yourself x
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ... so Dad will be invited for Sunday lunch only from now on and we will see how things go.

...So I've had enough, I feel so down and I can't cope with anymore negativity. We have enough worries of our own with Mr Fix It's illness and only DD and family seem to understand ( or care ). .
    Only having your dad over for Sunday lunch for the time being sounds like a good idea. His behaviour is clearly stressing you and Mr Fixit out.

I'm sorry that you feel so down at the moment. Too much negativity from people around you can really bring you down, I have had this in the past and know how draining it can be. Hopefully some time with your DGC tomorrow will help (hugs).
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gintot - what a horrible thing to happen to you and your family, echoing Judi, hope that they rot. xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gintot how awful, I'm not surprised you can't sleep :mad:
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Not had a very good night's sleep due to a visit from Dad yesterday for his tea. All I shall say about that is :mad:**!**:mad:. Even Mr Fix It has had enough and he's very level headed and calm during stressful times but he's been pushed him over the edge too. Yesterday you could cut the atmosphere with a knife, so Dad will be invited for Sunday lunch only from now on and we will see how things go.
    So today we decided to go out for the day, called in the garden centre and had a coffee, then later went to the chippy for our tea, so no cooking required. Came home to find elderly neighbour on the doorstep complaining that her family were not talking to her etc. and would I go round. Er no, my lunch is in my hand getting cold. So I've had enough, I feel so down and I can't cope with anymore negativity. We have enough worries of our own with Mr Fix It's illness and only DD and family seem to understand ( or care ). Apologies for this post but it is making me feel a little better to get it off my chest IYSWIM.
    We have the DGC tomorrow for a sleep over, so if I'm MIA I'm still around, hopefully :D. I'll have been "ing" ing too much. Craft-ing, x box-ing, barbie-ing, bak-ing etc...:rotfl:. Funnily enough I'm really looking forward to a bit of happiness, because that's what they bring :smileyhea, no strings attached !

Speky I love a man with a well kept beard, Mr Fix It has has one for about 25 years.
    I love comps good luck with your visit tomorrow.
    NMLC thinking of your Mum
    Judi love the photo of your DGD.
    JackieO what's the saying .... "You're only as old as the man you feel ":rotfl::rotfl:
    Hugs all round to you lovely, thoughtful people.

Nannywindow ((hugs)) for you, you deserve them and you look after you from now on xxx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Some womanly advice, please. What's your thoughts on beards? Typically I'm close shaven, using an electric shaver machine thing, but during the time I was ill, I didn't have the energy to shave, and so I've grown a bit of a beard. This 3 weeks or so has been the longest I've ever went without shaving and not sure wither to keep it or not. Does it have a messy, dirty and unkempt connotation?
    I'm afraid I have a serious dislike of facial hair; Mr LW has been informed that if he even thinks of growing a beard, I shall be removing it hair by hair with tweezers. :D
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Other than that have nothing exciting to report, Lulu has gone out to her paddock today for the first time in a week, goodness knows how excited she was! Am looking at a possible new home for her tomorrow and have another couple of the sidelines. Have ordered a calmer for her to make the move as easy as possible, I have also started taking Kalms :rotfl:
    I hope you're able to sort out permanent housing for Lulu quickly; the stress isn't doing you any good by the sound of it, and if you're stressed, you can bet your boots she'll pick up on that and be stressed herself.
    Afternoon all. I have been AWOL since Tuesday as we were burgled in the early hours of Wednesday morning. We were asleep in need. The top opener above the dining room was wrenched open any left hanging drunkenly on one hinge. Meh.

Usual stuff went- phone, laptop, tablet(expensive),handbag cash,sons wallet with Xmas money. OH's stuff upstairs including car keys. Meh.Am typing this on my kindle fire. Difficult. Still no one WS head hurt. Can't sleep though.

Gintot
    Utter scumbags; I hope their hands fall off. :mad: What a rotten start to the year.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gintot thats awful I'm so sorry. Everything can be replaced of course but the sense of unease must be terrible. I hope they catch the thieving scumbags and that there was nothing sentimental taken.:mad::mad:

nannywindow I'm feeling your pain hun ...enjoy your day with your little one you deserve it
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. You really are the best medicine for someone in the doldrums. Must keep telling myself " this too will pass ". :A
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options

Gintot

Gintot,

There are some wicked people in the world - why do they feel the need to hurt other people - I think emotional & psychological pain is more difficult to cope with as you cannot defend yourself against it :mad: But so glad that no one was physically hurt.

I echo other posters sentiments “may they rot”

Sending you positive vibes & ((((hugs)))) if you want to accept them.

Also thanks for still thinking of others at this awful time.

Mrs SD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dp1 wrote: »

I washed my bedding this morning...its very damp and dull so I'm going to go down to my mams and 'borrow' her tumble dryer. My dad saw an ad for a deal on Sky broadband and wants me to phone to see if he can get it. Not sure who was talking about saving older relatives money....my mam and dads Scottish Power tariff ends at the end of the month and the price was to increase from £48 a month to £75. I rang but couldn't get it cheaper, so I have changed them to Eon for £49 a month fixed for 2 years. I always ring places for my dad, say he's got dementia and he just has to agree with the person on the other end when asked who he is.....though he does sometimes feel the need to tell them his army national service number too!
    Hope everyone has a good day

Hiya dp1, sorry to jump on the thread :o

Welcome to E.ON to start with :)

I just wanted to add, that we have a system we can use to add another person to be able to discuss the account, this can now be done over the phone to make it simple. Called 'third party consent'

The account holder would need to speak to us and give your name, date of birth and contact number.

It means that you can discuss the account and make changes as well.

I can see you've picked a fixed rate tariff (so unit rates are fixed) and got some good savings, you can also keep your eye on the Direct Debit on the online account using the Direct Debit manager tool, as this amount can change if usage changes and pop regular reads on to keep everything up to date.

Sorry if you already know all of this, but may help others reading as well.

I'm always here to help, as much as I can.

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure