Prepaid virtual credit card

Options
pinkshoes
pinkshoes Posts: 20,089 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
I have a prepaid virtual credit card with £10 on it that I got for doing some surveys online.

How on earth do I use it??

Amazon won't let you use it as a partial payment when paying with another card, and Paypal don't like it either, so that rules eBay purchases out.

Where or how can I spend this thing?? I normally opt for an Amazon voucher but thought this would give me more flexibility. What was I thinking???

Does anyone know of any easy options where I can make up the extra cost with a debit card?
Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You could buy something for less than £10 on amazon etc.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As with virtual cards in for example Neteller, Revolut and Soldo you don't get a plastic card but you get all the details; card number, name on card, expiry date and CVV. You use it online.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    I have a prepaid virtual credit card with £10 on it that I got for doing some surveys online.

How on earth do I use it??

Amazon won't let you use it as a partial payment when paying with another card, and Paypal don't like it either, so that rules eBay purchases out.

Where or how can I spend this thing?? I normally opt for an Amazon voucher but thought this would give me more flexibility. What was I thinking???

Does anyone know of any easy options where I can make up the extra cost with a debit card?

I had a few of these a while ago. I used them as part payment towards a catalogue account.

Could you use it as part payment towards a credit card bill?

Mobile phone top-up?
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    venison wrote: »
    You could buy something for less than £10 on amazon etc.

Tried that, but their postage is really high for small items, so it kept taking it over £10!

Perhaps I'll try boots online or similar and collect from a store avoid the postage!

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Use it to load your PayPal account? You can then use it as part payment or withdraw to your bank account.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,476 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Buy an Amazon egift voucher - which can be used to part pay...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure