Northern rock loan over £25,000

Options

Comments

• pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

I am hopeful to be able to release some very important news about the test cases shortly.

All i can say at the minute is that the news is very positive and now the hard work begins
  • KID77
    KID77 Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, look forward to hearing from you.
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
    Starting DMP 1st July 2015
  • poggs
    poggs Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pt2537 wrote: »
    Afternoon everyone.

I am hopeful to be able to release some very important news about the test cases shortly.

All i can say at the minute is that the news is very positive and now the hard work begins

Oh you big tease!

Ive still got 20k of the 30k loan i started with (along with the mortgage) hope to hear some happy news.

I missed the signing up time. hopefully i can jump on board
  • brucethefish
    brucethefish Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I took out the mortgage plus loan back in 2007. Annoyingly I did £30K and repaid £6K when I realised I didnt need it but thats besides the point.

I was able to transfer my mortgage and loan about 3 years ago, would I still be entitled to anything should the case go our way?
  • worriedindebt
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

I've had my unsecured element since 2007, found out recently I've only paid off about 1000 in ten years, it will never get paid in my lifetime 😢
    Thanks to all who post here:beer:
  • pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I took out the mortgage plus loan back in 2007. Annoyingly I did £30K and repaid £6K when I realised I didnt need it but thats besides the point.

I was able to transfer my mortgage and loan about 3 years ago, would I still be entitled to anything should the case go our way?

Hi there

should be able to look at this even though the mortgage has been settled.

Its important to say that each case has to be considered on its own merits, if theres one thing to come out of the 5 test cases we have taken on, its that there is not two cases the same, they are all different, all have different issues. As a result, what can or cannot be pursued will depend on each case.

I will be blogging about this shortly in any event, and we will be sending out an email to everyone registered with us explaining what we are doing now, and what we can offer etc
  • brucethefish
    Options
    Thanks, how do I register with yourselves?
  • Kevan67
    Options
    Hi there

should be able to look at this even though the mortgage has been settled.

Its important to say that each case has to be considered on its own merits, if theres one thing to come out of the 5 test cases we have taken on, its that there is not two cases the same, they are all different, all have different issues. As a result, what can or cannot be pursued will depend on each case.

I will be blogging about this shortly in any event, and we will be sending out an email to everyone registered with us explaining what we are doing now, and what we can offer etc

I am in the same position having recently settled my mortgage but still having the loan outstanding.

I also have an issue with underfunding as well, where NR keep adding interest to the loan at the end of the year so it will never get paid off.

Can you let me know how I register with yourselves as well please?
  • Justice60
    Options
    Hi there
    Our Together loan and mortgage has moved to Landmark.
    I called them today to check a £70 over payment has been applied correctly to the unsecured loan amount part only. It hadn't for nearly 4 years!
    However they were very helpful and immediately rectified it adding over 3k back onto the unsecured loan part and have made a note that any over payments are for this purpose only from now on.
    I've only just read about the Together loan with Northern Rock and all up to this point so now can see whats going on. Wow what a story! So our unsecured Together loan was for £30k and now its down to £19k.
    I am so so pleased to have found this page. But feel very frustrated that we lost out on any refunds due to being under the 25k threshold. Could I please register my interest pt2537. Just to say thanks for all your support! Its people like you who restore my faith in human nature. I will pass it on!
    I really hope we get something back. I hate the fact that we are totally trapped in negative equity and have been for years. I also cannot believe how unfair the interest rate is on these Together mortgages.
    Your comment

' Afternoon everyone.

All i can say at the minute is that the news is very positive and now the hard work begins'

Sounds very very promising indeed.
    Thank you again for this help and support!
  • gengen7
    Options
    Can I be added to the list please? My husband had a together loan of £30,000 taken out in September 2007. We would be extremely interested in being kept updated with the test cases, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure