Unexpected PPI Refund

Options
2»

Comments

• suts
    suts Posts: 18 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Slightly different for me i was currently trying to claim via a 3rd party company when the money arrived unannounced in the bank.
    Checked my claim via the companies online portal and it showed as case closed no PPI found!
  • Suzyjones
    Options
    :jI had a surprise cheque for £960.00 after filling in the form on this site after my son told me about it. Had a vague idea I may have paid ppi but never expected that much. 😊 :j
  • Sue_Magovern
    Options
    Hi, how wonderful for you.
    I am just about to embark on this PPI buisness, but not entirely sure where to start.
    Which form did you fill in ? perhaps i should start with that.
    Thanks
  • puzzled1_2
    Options
    Hi all. Quick question - does unnecessary and unwanted term life insurance count as PPI? I have no dependents but was told I had to have it to get a mortgage with Bank of Ireland years ago.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    puzzled1 wrote: »
    Hi all. Quick question - does unnecessary and unwanted term life insurance count as PPI?
    Life Insurance is no more classed as PPI than car insurance or home insurance is.

PPI is PPI.

You can't just apply PPI complaint reasons to every random insurance policy you may have held I'm afraid.

You may be able to successfully complain that life insurance was mis-sold to you...but only if you are immortal I expect.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sometimes it was a condition of the lending If that was the case, you have no complaint. If not, make a complaint.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • pgthompsonco
    Options
    Had a refund at Christmas of about £60 + £5 on same day from INHOUSING Bank. Anyone know who they are connected to?
    Google does not give a positive result as too many use the term.:)
  • pgthompsonco
    Options
    Can anyone supply an address or name of parent company for "IN HOUSING Bank plc"?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure