Bank of Scotland PPI on Credit Card

Options
In December I claimed with Bank of Scotland for mis sold PPI. I have had a letter from them saying they cannot find a preference account in my name so that is now closed, but I have never heard about the credit card. Are preference accounts and Credit Card ppi different, I know I never had a preference account. Maybe they are just checking everything? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Check with them directly.
  • pgthompsonco
    Options
    Each Bank seems to have a slightly different system for dealing with PPI.
    BOS appears to give a Claim number to each Account or Claim. So if you might have more than one account (or they think you do) you may get a number of Claim numbers. If you do not know what the claim number is about you have to ask them to identify your claim. As replies take two to four weeks they can cross with other claims and it will take some asking to find out what claim is "live" and which is "closed" - does not mean they are correct. Closed claims are often due to time delay and lack of procedure that they require. If something NOT has been responded to its worth ringing and asking again even if you have to send another letter, always quote as many Claim Numbers as they give you..
  • Chrisbee1
    Options
    In the 1980’s I got myself a Nat West Access Card and now every time I question them about it they say that they can’t find any records of it so I have to write to them in Edinburgh to allow them to search for it in the archives, what do I do please help someone?
    It seems as though I’m getting passed from pillar to post and they’ve said that I have to go into the Nat West and ask them to get me some bank statements from round about that time as proof that I had it, surely they should be able to do that for me as they have all my details going back to way back then and we’re still banking with them today.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    PPI was not generally available until the late 1980's, are you certain you even had the insurance?

If you want the Bank to search their archives for the credit card details then you'll have to pay £10 for a Subject Access Request (SAR). This will net you all details the Bank have kept on file for you, but could be very little more than thirty years later.

There is no point requesting bank statements because they won't show PPI being paid even if you had it.

More than three decades on and especially with no documentary evidence of your own, be prepared to be disappointed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure