IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

SCS Law want £600

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GreatWhite wrote: »
    Can someone please give me an idea of what my next steps should be?
    Have another read of post #18.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    UKPC is a fraudster, read this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

They were also named and shamed in the H of C last week as scammers, their card has been well and truly marked.

Watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

If ir gets to court, bring it to the judge's attention and complain in robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be gone by this time next year.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • GreatWhite
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Have another read of post #18.

Could you tell me which specific section I should be looking at? Thanks.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Post 3 in the Newbies thread
  • The_Deep
    Options
    Your next step should be to read Coupon Mad's post above, number 18 and follow the advice contained therein.

Read it all to help you understand the whole scam. Do not foget to watch the video and complain to your MP as advised in Post Number 23.
  • KeithP
    Options
    GreatWhite wrote: »
    Could you tell me which specific section I should be looking at? Thanks.

Yes I certainly can.

It's post number two in the NEWBIES thread that you need to read - the whole post.
    Read it several times until you understand it.

As you have received a Letter Before Claim, it might be an idea to initially pick out those bits that explain exactly how you respond to such a letter.

As you can probably imagine, a Letter Before Claim is the beginning of the court process. Thus you can expect to find details on how to respond to such a letter at the beginning of the post that describes the Small Claims process.
  • GreatWhite
    Options
    Yes I certainly can.

It's post number two in the NEWBIES thread that you need to read - the whole post.
    Read it several times until you understand it.

As you have received a Letter Before Claim, it might be an idea to initially pick out those bits that explain exactly how you respond to such a letter.

As you can probably imagine, a Letter Before Claim is the beginning of the court process. Thus you can expect to find details on how to respond to such a letter at the beginning of the post that describes the Small Claims process.

Hi Keith, thanks for that. I already received 1 LBC letter to which I replied. I received their reply and am now struggling to find out how I should respond.

Part of the problem I'm having is that I unfortunately know that I'm in the wrong and don't really know what basis I have to reply with, if any.

I've read the post you mentioned and I'm having a slightly hard time digesting everything.
  • KeithP
    Options
    As you have already responded to the LBC, just wait for the claim form from the County Court Business Centre.

No-one has said it is easy, but it may well be a bit daunting the first time.
    It will sink in... persevere.
  • The_Deep
    edited 11 February 2018 at 10:26AM
    Options
    Part of the problem I'm having is that I unfortunately know that I'm in the wrong

Put that entirely out of your head. You parked where you should not have a few times, a very small deal indeed. They want £600 for that, you could vandalise a bus shelter for less..

They are the bad guys, you have a cavalier attitude towards minor trespass.
  • GreatWhite
    Options
    As you have already responded to the LBC, just wait for the claim form from the County Court Business Centre.

No-one has said it is easy, but it may well be a bit daunting the first time.
    It will sink in... persevere.

Hi Keith, I'm a little confused right now as to what to do next. I've received a large letter through the post which shows pictures of where I parked on what dates along with a photocopy PCN. Of course this is because I requested more proof from them and now they have sent me evidence.

They've given me another 30 days to reply, so could you kindly advice me?

Many Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport