Nearly there!

Options

Comments

• GreenSaints
    Options
    Wow - aren't you organised! I might start a spreadsheet like that. I'm sure it's very interesting to see where all the money goes

I think I'll be ok, but thank you for your concern :) I borrowed £30 off my mum until I get some Mystery Shopper payments (about £45) All my bills go out on pay day thankfully, so I don't have any other major outgoings.

Thanks for noticing the 15th is a Sunday - just means I'll get paid on Friday 13th! Spooky! :eek:
    :DDEBT FREE SINCE 25.07.14! :D
    Debt at Highest (November 2010) - circa £40k
  • January20
    January20 Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It is very interesting to see where all the money goes. It can be quite scary too when you think you have just spent a few pounds in the shops and it adds up £50+. The clothes for me category is typical of that: I would never have said I spent nearly £250 on clothes for myself last year, but I suppose it soon adds up doesn't it?

Friday 13th! Could be lucky for some ;)
    LBM: August 2006 £12,568.49 - DFD 22nd March 2012
    "The road to DF is long and bumpy" GreenSaints
  • January20
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    And another £25.00 = £1548.17
  • January20
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I was supposed to do quite a bit of work on my 2nd job but it didn't happen, so I've earned about 1/3 of what I was supposed to and have credited my cc accordingly. I hope it picks ups next week!

So another £20 (and I know it's not bad at all!) £1528.17

I've now set myself a payment target of reaching under £1500 on my Feb statement (that's including about £20-24 interest)
  • J4mes
    J4mes Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Hi J20,

Just like to congratulate you on how well you've done so far!!

Barclaycard have just done exactly the same to me, suspiciously just as I've started paying off big lump sums, mines gone up 7.something% so I'll be following your lead and cancelling it, although I do have til the 29th of Feb to make a decision so might actually have it paid off by then!!

Anyway, keep making those payments, you're doing great!:)

James.
  • January20
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi James and thank you! It's really helped me focus, starting this diary (wish I had done it earlier perhaps...)
    I've given myself an (very) unofficial dfd of Easter 2012, and the interest added every month is spurring me on.

I hope you get to pay off your card before you have to make your mind up about closing the account or not, but closing the account (at the time it belonged to Egg) was really straightforward: I just had to send them an email. Best decision I made now I've reconciled myself with the fact I don't have a cc anymore (just a debt to pay off!)
  • GreenSaints
    Options
    When I cancelled my RBS CC, I just rang them up and said I wanted to cancel. They tried to keep me, but they weren't very bothered. Some valued customer eh? :p

I can't wait till I pay off my Barclaycard and cancel that too. I'm only going to keep my MBNA, just because it's posh and I feel important! :p I don't even remember the pin number, but the shiny black and silver card looks nice in my wallet! :p
    :DDEBT FREE SINCE 25.07.14! :D
    Debt at Highest (November 2010) - circa £40k
  • January20
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 24 January 2012 at 11:45PM
    Options
    Just checked my online BC statement.

Balance was £1453.17 - Interest this month is £26.39 = 1479.56. The thing is, I made £360 in payments throughout the month and my interest is only pennies lower than the interest I paid last month (£26.98)!!! I don't really understand :(

The Apr hasn't increased as my account is officially closed and I checked anyway. I need to go and have a read of BC's T&C to see when they calculate the account as it might be better for me to work out how much I'll be able to pay in Feb and pay it in one go at the beginning of the month. Whichever way you go, they do s c r e w you as much as they can, don't they?

Anyway, I made a payment of £50 tonight so balance is now £1429.56. On Friday (if and) when I get my salary, I will transfer what is left over of my January salary and then work out how much more I can afford to pay off.

In any case, since January 1st, I have paid off £356.66 (19.96% of the original balance)

Well, that's another incentive to pay off the thing and say bye bye to BC as quickly as possible! So, I'm setting myself a target of 25% of the balance left: £357.39. Nothing like putting pressure on myself!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You should find that your interest payments are less.
    You are doing so well :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • January20
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you beanilou! I suppose in the grand scheme of things £26 is not much but it's MINE! lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family