More than one credit card - see them together online

Options
I have two cards and two logins. I would like to have one logon so that I can see both cards together. I want to keep my first logon to see both cards, and ask them to remove the second logon.

According to the FAQ from Barclaycard:

Q: If I have more than one Barclaycard how do I see them both together online?

A: The majority of card products are available for online viewing. However, it may not be possible to link some products to the same ID number or user name. If you're unable to see one of your accounts online, please contact Internet Customer Services on 0800 161 5300 between 7am - midnight, 7 days a week.

I've contacted them to perform the above. They told me they can't do it over the phone, and told me to go to branch and do that. Why is this? Anyone have experience of this?

Hope you can assist.

Comments

• JES_F1
    JES_F1 Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 December 2017 at 8:54PM
    Options
    Barclaycard sorted it out for me over the phone for my two Barclaycards (Initial and Hilton Honors) - and the accounts were 'merged' to one login within 24 hours.
    Debt Jan 2008: £45,566. *** June 2013: DEBT FREE! ***
    Paid back just under £50,000 due to some interest added.

Dealt with my debt through a Step Change
    (CCCS) DMP.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member #240.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have 2 aqua cards.
    I amended my log in by 1 character to view each statement online,
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • OK... Great... Doesn't help the OP though
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How does your name appear on the two accounts?

I had two long-standing Barclaycards, both with separate log-ins. I phoned to cancel one and customer services offered to transfer a chunk of the credit limit to the other one. He tried and then said he couldn't do it as one account had my middle initial and the other hadn't. He asked me to send in ID, but I decided to forego the increase in limit.
  • book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    How does your name appear on the two accounts?

I had two long-standing Barclaycards, both with separate log-ins. I phoned to cancel one and customer services offered to transfer a chunk of the credit limit to the other one. He tried and then said he couldn't do it as one account had my middle initial and the other hadn't. He asked me to send in ID, but I decided to forego the increase in limit.

One has a middle initial, and the other doesn't.

I did contact them through secure message to see if they link the two accounts together, so when I login using a single userid, I can see two cards in one go. They came back to me and say the names don't match so they can't link them, and want me to provide them with a choice to include or remove the middle initial in the accounts, and then they would do the linking. I replied back to them saying to include the middle initial. Now awaiting for their reply to see if they will action it.
  • book12
    Options
    JES_F1 wrote: »
    Barclaycard sorted it out for me over the phone for my two Barclaycards (Initial and Hilton Honors) - and the accounts were 'merged' to one login within 24 hours.

Good to hear it worked out.

Is the layout now cramped after having two cards in one login? Was your second login account deleted?
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    book12 wrote: »
    Good to hear it worked out.

Is the layout now cramped after having two cards in one login? Was your second login account deleted?

I also have two Barclaycards (Cashback & Travel).

When you login you get a new screen showing you both cards. When you choose a card, you get the same layout as before, but with a dropdown near the top for you to change card.

I rang and got my second attached to my main profile when I got it so cannot comment on if the second login works. I've always used my primary. It appeared online with my existing profile the next day after calling them.

Do you need two logins? I would have thought it to be more secure to keep just one?
  • book12
    Options
    I also have two Barclaycards (Cashback & Travel).

When you login you get a new screen showing you both cards. When you choose a card, you get the same layout as before, but with a dropdown near the top for you to change card.

I rang and got my second attached to my main profile when I got it so cannot comment on if the second login works. I've always used my primary. It appeared online with my existing profile the next day after calling them.

Do you need two logins? I would have thought it to be more secure to keep just one?

Thanks for your insights.

I don't need two logins. When I applied for the second card, I was given a seperate (now second) llogin.

The purpose of contacting them was to combine the two accounts together, so when I login using my main/first login userid, I will see both cards in one go.

Regarding the cashback card you got, was it easy to swap/upgrade to it?
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    book12 wrote: »
    Thanks for your insights.

I don't need two logins. When I applied for the second card, I was given a seperate (now second) llogin.

The purpose of contacting them was to combine the two accounts together, so when I login using my main/first login userid, I will see both cards in one go.

Regarding the cashback card you got, was it easy to swap/upgrade to it?

The cashback card (as it currently stands) is 0.5% cashback Visa card.

About 2 years ago when it was a 1% Amex, 0.5% Visa Duo card, I just rang them up, said a friend had recently swapped to it (my wife who had just swapped to it... because she rang up after hearing about it on MSE) and they swapped the card.

At 0.5% it's still better than Freedom Rewards (imo).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure