Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    I'm currently looking at afternoon tea packages in very exclusive hotels near to them....£60 is the basic for 2 people and if I want to add a glass of champagne each,that takes it to £88!!!!!

wondering if I can play around with the cheaper version and make a little bit of a hamper up to go with the vouchers that includes maybe a bottle of fizz and something.
    I looked at dinner packages and they start at £160 for two....shocking,nice no doubt but beyond my budget.

This sounds good. I am trying to think now where I saw small baskets that were not too expensive - Homebase (use your nectar points), Home Bargains I think ...

A couple of nice champagne glasses - we got ours from Home Bargain last year.

£60 is an OMG amount but its equivalent to Grosvenor Chester which is £64 for 2 for the basic tea (and Blossoms round the corner is £25 for 2 on travel zoo:) )

I saw the perfect thing last night - evening tours of Buckingham Palace with champagne to finish - but I thought you would pass out cold if I put the link up - £80 each :eek:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Different email account?
    already tried that. I might use a different name this year.
  • wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes I did look at those. I'm thinkng of getting the pram, travel system, from there as it's £25 cheaper than anywhere else. I would be interested to hear how you get on with delivery etc , if you don't mind.
    £100 :T

several emails and tracked delivery tomorrow xx
  • HZA
    HZA Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    pawlala wrote: »
    Hey all, any tips on getting the RT 12 for £1 offer when previously used trial deal? Thanks so much :D:)

Hi ya, my OH has done this 3 years running using one e-mail address. Never had any problem. Topcashback also tracked for something like £5 this year too.
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    Options
    1x Batiste Clean & Classic Original Dry Shampoo (400ML) £5.00 £4.00
    1x Uncle Bens Mexican Style Microwave Rice (250G) £1.00 £0.89

A v T
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Good Afternoon :wave:

Mum been told she coming home tomorrow so I not visiting tomorrow. Bro told her to ring him when she knows.

Snow forecast early morning :eek: seen gritter going down my street 5mins ago. Hope forecast is wrong again. Got snowboots out couple week ago when it was forecast and saw 3 mins falling :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

LEJC . Personal photos Jigsaw - my sister had an amazing one made for Parents 60th Wedding Anniversary - s collage of us & them over the years :D

https://www.wentworthpuzzles.com/personal-photo-puzzles/standard-personalised-photo-jigsaws-puzzles

do you know what...that might be possibility!

Thank you snap...I'm just trying to think if I can perhaps get hold of a new picture of their grandaughter via my neice or whether I've actually got any here that might be suitable images.

Got to say I've no idea if they are jigsaw minded...but surely if it's a pic of grandchildren it makes it interesting.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :eek::eek::eek:

Absolutely torrential weather here, thanks Mhoc for link to the weather - Yes we are having the tail end of it :eek::eek:
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    This sounds good. I am trying to think now where I saw small baskets that were not too expensive - Homebase (use your nectar points), Home Bargains I think ...

A couple of nice champagne glasses - we got ours from Home Bargain last year.

£60 is an OMG amount but its equivalent to Grosvenor Chester which is £64 for 2 for the basic tea (and Blossoms round the corner is £25 for 2 on travel zoo:) )

I saw the perfect thing last night - evening tours of Buckingham Palace with champagne to finish - but I thought you would pass out cold if I put the link up - £80 each :eek:

you won't believe it even when I tell you mhoc...but they have done a BP tour...their daughter used to work there!!!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    do you know what...that might be possibility!

Thank you snap...I'm just trying to think if I can perhaps get hold of a new picture of their grandaughter via my neice or whether I've actually got any here that might be suitable images.

Got to say I've no idea if they are jigsaw minded...but surely if it's a pic of grandchildren it makes it interesting.

:T:T We had the one with the personalised message in the puzzle

220x150.fit.PERSONAL3.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure