Motivation and Inspiration from National Debtline #peaceofmind

Options

Instead of thanking this post could you all keep replying to keep bumping it up, especially in the evenings, to show newbies to the Debt Free Wannabe community what a fab bunch you all are and that there's always help when they need it.

Thank you to everyone here for every bit of help and support you give each other from all of us at MSE Towers.

We're all really proud of every one of you!

:A:A:A
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,953 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Bump please.......
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    What a lovely post! And yes, if there's anyone reading this who's wavering about whether to post and ask for help - please do, I PROMISE we can help!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 11 December 2017 at 9:00PM
    Options
    Have to totally agree and thankyou for posting.

I was in a complete and utter mess this time last year, adding to the already mountain of debt, dreading Christmas, panicking, crying, fretting, not knowing where to turn you name it.

I eventually plucked up the courage to ask for help on here. It was the best decision I’ve ever made. I dread to think where I would be now if the members of the DFW thread hadn’t shown me the way.

Onto today,
    • Faced up to it all - yes
    • Asked for help - yes
    • Given non judgmental advice, support and help all the way - yes
    • still in debt - yes
    • Strong enough to deal with it - yes
    • Have a plan of action - yes
    • Living life again - yes
    • Worried, stressed, panicking - NO WAY NOT ANY MORE

• looking forward to Christmas - yes

Please ask for help I promise you will not regret it.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Have to totally agree and thankyou for posting.

I was in a complete and utter mess this time last year, adding to the already mountain of debt, dreading Christmas, panicking, crying, fretting, not knowing where to turn you name it.

I eventually plucked up the courage to ask for help on here. It was the best decision I’ve ever made. I dread to think where I would be now if the members of the DFW thread hadn’t shown me the way.

Onto today,
    • Faced up to it all - yes
    • Asked for help - yes
    • Given non judgmental advice, support and help all the way - yes
    • still in debt - yes
    • Strong enough to deal with it - yes
    • Have a plan of action - yes
    • Living life again - yes
    • Worried, stressed, panicking - NO WAY NOT ANY MORE

• looking forward to Christmas - yes

Please ask for help I promise you will not regret it.
    M

Fabulous! Well done! Here's to many more stress free Christmases

:T:T:T
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Bumpety bump.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

I just wanted to add our appreciation as a service for all that the good, selfless folk do on this forum to help others who they don't know from Adam. It just goes to show that the kindness of strangers remains alive and well.

Our helpline and web chat service will close at 1pm on Saturday 23 December before reopening at 9am on Tuesday 2 January, so we're around for a few days yet but I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone on MSE - mods, posters and long-time lurkers alike - a very happy Christmas.

Best wishes
    Dennis (plus Susie, Laura and all staff at National Debtline and Business Debtline)
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :rudolf: Bump :rudolf:
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,953 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 December 2017 at 1:10AM
    Options
    Hi all

I just wanted to add our appreciation as a service for all that the good, selfless folk do on this forum to help others who they don't know from Adam. It just goes to show that the kindness of strangers remains alive and well.

Our helpline and web chat service will close at 1pm on Saturday 23 December before reopening at 9am on Tuesday 2 January, so we're around for a few days yet but I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone on MSE - mods, posters and long-time lurkers alike - a very happy Christmas.

Best wishes
    Dennis (plus Susie, Laura and all staff at National Debtline and Business Debtline)

Same to you Dennis and all the National Debtline staff !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Violet1881
    Options
    Bump bump bump!
    I've been around the world and I I I I ..... changed my username :shhh:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business