And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I slept through until 7 am without waking at all which is practically unheard of for me :j
    I'm continuing the theme with my favourite weekend luxury which is coming back to bed with a coffee and my book, a,welcome contrast to the working week where I'm generally in danger of disappearing up my own backside by this time in the morning!
    I've quite a busy day planned but it ain't starting just yet:)

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • michelle09
    Options
    Sounds lovely! Am doing the same thing as the OH is at work. :)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Sounds lovely! Am doing the same thing as the OH is at work. :)

Its the loveliest start to the day isn't it? :)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Its been a lovely sunny day here which was very welcome after the squally weather we've had this week.
    I've had a day of visitors which was really nice but resulted in me doing b****r all until mid afternoon :o
    The good news is I had a great catch up with two of my sisters and my mum (separate visits) but I didn't get out for a run and didn't get any batch cooking done. Regarding the latter, I don't think its a bad think its a bad thing really as I've only cooked once in the last two weeks and the freezer still looks full! Need to keep running it down :o
    I've had a spendy but economical day if that makes sense. I went to bank a cheque for dd and went into Savers in town and got two bottles of there £1 laundry liquid which lasts ages and is really good. I also got a lovely print in a local art shop for a birthday present which was £13.50 but was exactly what I was looking for.
    I called at my local charity warehouse on the way home to look for a frame and whilst rifling a large box of pictures I found a perfect frame for my print (a picture still in cellophane which has been dismantled and now holds my print), gorgeous print which looked a bit grotty but all the marks were on the cellophane, it was perfect once unwrapped, a picture the same size which I've dismantled and painted with chalk paint ready to frame the print, a load of good quality silicon kitchen utensils, three sets of kitchen tongs, a
    potato peeler that looks like a potato, 5 amethyst coloured wine glasses (which look great on my dresser) and a pair of Ravel work shoes all for £15:money:
    The shoes were my best buy. I nearly left them as they looked a bit grubby but on closer inspection the heels and soles looked nearly new, they were just dusty and a bit squashed. Cleaned inside with antibac, polished and the strap loop that was a bit loose stitched and finished with a dab of super glue and they look brand new. They are very good quality leather with leather covered heels that can be polished so heeled and soled now and then they should last me years. Best £2 I've ever spent, glad I didn't order those crappy plastic ones I was looking at early in the week:). My manky old work shoes are now in the bin.
    The other framed print is earmarked as a Christmas gift and the kitchen stuff is for me. All in all a good MSE day with a few other successes;

Cleared out my clothes, a bag for the charity shop, a bag for eBay, all summer stuff packed away in the attic and winter stuff in wardrobes and drawers. I've been so cold at work this week but they'll probably be a heat wave now:rotfl:

Made dd's birthday cake and a lemon drizzle cake filled with lo lemon curd from the freezer for me to take to work on Monday.

Cheap healthy food (overnight oats for breakfast (kids had fakeaway egg mcmuffins ), hm tom and Basil soup and ys rolls for lunch and batch cooked curry from the freezer for dinner).

Ds's bed changed and line dried along with a load of laundry.

There was however no run and no gardening so I must do that tomorrow.
    Ds is at the cinema and dd is at a party so its a quiet night for me until mummy's taxi service is needed later:)

Think I'll start my new book:D

PP x
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Can't believe the weekend is nearly over:(
    Looking on the bright side its a sign that its been a good one when if feels like its over so quickly.

Another sunny day here:). I went for a run and typically I didn't feel like going and procrastinated endlessly and then thoroughly enjoyed it once I was out and felt the benefits all day long.
    I managed to cut back and dig over one area of the back garden which looks nice and tidy. Wish it all looked like that!
    As it was a sunny day I walked to Asda and dropped my bag of charity shop clothes into the co!lection bin there - it felt like it weighed a ton:eek: I then picked up three cartons of posh Shopium juice (thanks Wish:)) and four pints of milk (which also weighed a ton). By the time I got home I felt like I'd done an upper body work out.

This is a prime example of what a good influence MFW ers have on me. Normally that stuff would have sat in the hall for weeks. Its amazing how taking control of your money increases your efficiency in other areas of your life:)

Other things that got done included;

Icing dd's birthday cake (which we had for tea)
    Uniform and pe kit ready for tomorrow
    Lunches ready and in the fridge
    Bargain print in bargain up cycled frame - looks great. I'm so pleased with it:)
    Freezer run down successes (roast duck soup and ys rolls used up for lunch and lo ready meals defrosted for lunch tomorrow)
    Three cartons of posh juice in my newly created and well hidden 'treats for Christmas cupboard '( thank you for showing me the delights of Shopium Museum Worker:))

I'm off to bed to try and get the working week off to a good start.

PP x
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Sounds like a pretty decent weekend to me! Lots of good buys in those posts! Have a good week!
  • Don't get the nutri quark think that's on Shopmium at the moment. It is disgusting!!! So pleased I'm getting all of my £1.25 back for that!! £1.25 for a yoghurt and a disgusting one at that yuck yuck yuckity yuck.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Sounds like a pretty decent weekend to me! Lots of good buys in those posts! Have a good week!

It was lovely but feels like a distant memory after a day at work:rotfl:

Hope you have a good week too and that your hip is improving. Its so frustrating when you're used to being active :(
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Don't get the nutri quark think that's on Shopmium at the moment. It is disgusting!!! So pleased I'm getting all of my £1.25 back for that!! £1.25 for a yoghurt and a disgusting one at that yuck yuck yuckity yuck.

Sounds like one to avoid -thank:p

Do people really pay £1.25 for a yogurt?:eek: I'd want a family pack for that :rotfl:

Hope your little one slept OK. Those nights of broken sleep are really tough xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Its been a cold, wet autumnal day here so I was mighty glad of my warmer clothes:D
    I've had a long day today with lots of extras cropping up which couldn't wait. They're all done now though so tomorrow should be easier.
    Ds is finishing homework and DD is out for dinner so its been a fairly calm and uneventful night.

Today I've managed;

A nsd day:j
    Done basic daily cleaning routine
    A kettle bells class
    To keep my marking up to date
    To complete a To Do list for this week
    To do a load of laundry ready to hang out tomorrow (forecast is sun and no rain :))
    To drink 2 litres of water
    To eat cheaply and healthily (porridge for breakfast , hm soup and salad for lunch and risotto from the freezer and salad for dinner). This also meant no cooking - again:)
    Get lo ready meals out of the freezer for tomorrow's lunches

My 'new' shoes were really comfortable (which is the real test as I'm on my feet all day) so they are now officially a great buy:money:
    When I think of the money I've wasted on stuff in general and clothes and shoes in particular I feel embarrassed and frustrated in equal measures. Oh well, no point dwelling on the past, must focus on the future :D
    Off to read for half an hour before bed - must try and get my 8 hours or I'll be a right grumpy piggy:rotfl:

PP x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback