Age Renew - rip off via MSE

Options
2»

Comments

• ContraryMiss
    Options
    i also fell for this when of course as we all know if it seems too good etc.

ad popped up on some site or other can't remember but the companies/products involved are the following -

agerenewskin.com
    lumagenexuk.co.uk
    lumagenex.co.uk

there was no mention of further payments nor that i was signing up for monthly supplies nor that if i didn't cancel within 14 days i would be charged £84 & £79 for the 'free trial samples' i had received in the post.

as for those who asked why give bank card details if it was free? they billed you a £1 for each cream + postage. approx £3 for each one.

i can not vouch for or against the creams themselves whether they be wonder creams or rubbish as i have not used them yet but i was extremely annoyed when i found out how much i had been charged through my bank £163 for 2 sample size pots. so even if they do turn out to be super (at this point very doubtful) i wouldn't purchase more anyway as far too pricey for my budget.

silver lining....there is a free phone number which i used lots to let them know just how annoyed i was about their selling/marketing scam. it took a lot of persistence on my part but i refused to agree to anything less than a full refund....which in the end i got.

phone numbers on the above sites. i couldn't put full site addresses as i'm a newbie.

i also contacted my bank so that no future payments could be taken from my a/c.
  • gik
    gik Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder who gave them your credit card/bank details when the products are 'free'?
  • corbyboy
    corbyboy Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Why did you give them your credit card details?
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    A friend of mine recently fell for this (nothing to do with MSE though), giving bank details to pay a small amount of p&p for an Age Renew "free gift" for completing a survey which appeared to be connected to an internet company, then later being billed for further products. If anyone reading this had done a survey and provided bank or credit card details to receive a "reward", I'd advise checking the small print and your DD / credit card bills if you haven't already done so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure