'Which paper do you read?' poll results/discussion

Options

Comments

• Milly1974
    Milly1974 Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    max2002ad wrote: »
    I can't believe that the fantastic free paper the metro hasn't been listed.
    My journey to work woudn't be the same without it.

I completely agree. The Metro shouldn't be lumped in with 'other free papers' at all. I refuse to pay for news, and personally much prefer the Metro's mix of serious news and lighthearted bits.
    :naughty:
    OD £lots Egg Card £329.04 Parents £650 Sofa £741.78
  • KellyB
    KellyB Posts: 115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'll probably get shot or ridiculed for saying this but I read The Sun :rotfl:

I know it's not news. I know it's a load of rubbish. But it makes me chuckle and it's a bit like escapism.

I take everything I read with a pinch of salt.....even in the so-called "better" newspapers.

I don't buy The Sun every day though....once a week maybe, I buy it, the rest of the time I borrow someone elses' copy
    :D
  • sarahemmm
    sarahemmm Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've voted for The Guardian, but I only buy it on Saturdays (its so big I don't need/want a Sunday paper). The rest of the week I read it online.
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    None.
    I'm quite frankly sick of seeing murder, gangs, stabbing, and death on every second page of the paper every single day. The metro is especially bad for this.
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • BigMikeyG
    Options
    I read the metro on way to work an the LONDON paper on the way home other than that sometimes rarely the telegraph on a sunday.
    Date I decided to clear my debt: 03/12/08
    Debt started with: Loan - 2195, Credit Card - 1738, Interest free overdraft -500 = TOTAL - 4433
    Current Debt: Loan - 0, Credit Card 1 - 1346, Credit Card 2 - 906 Interest free overdraft -0 = TOTAL - 2252
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    U or V the advantage being that the Metro will be seeing me through the winter in the form of paper logs :)
    i used to read the Mail but only as I was member of a gym where i got a free copy, otherwise I wouldn't go near the thhng!
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Danni
    Danni Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    If I go into Newcastle (rarely) I get the Metro. Otherwise I get all my news online.

When I was at college I got the Metro everyday, and since I go back in September I'll probably do the same again. I always can find a use for old newspapers, and even better if they're free :)
    Purple Penguin Power!
  • PatientZero_2
    Options
    They all pretty much contain the same news. Some of them have more space to fill with more syllables but it's usually the same stories with different political spins put on them. You may as well catch it online and make up your own mind.
  • speedtwin
    speedtwin Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    I couldnt find the Daily Sport where was it?
    O
  • johnllew
    johnllew Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Options
    mateyface wrote: »
    oh dear it's depressing to see so many mail readers!
    True, and Sun readers. No wonder this country's in such a state.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure