Pointless rant - L'Or eShop - old-fashioned incompetence

Options
First world problem here, but I use Nespresso Club for my office coffee, saving money over coffee shops for good quality coffee. The system is slick and works well.

L'Or have tried to emulate it, and are failing miserably like it's a 2003 startup. They should be embarrassed by today's debacle.

The site offers pods and glasses and a voucher so had a nice deal on offer. All good so far. Like Nespresso, they offer collection points for if you can't fit the pods through the letterbox/will be out. Nespresso have 3 within a few minutes walk of my city centre office, L'Or's nearest is 2.75 miles the wrong way from my house, or the next closest on offer is in another city about 10 miles away. I try to contact them without an email contact address, so use the webform. Webform has loads of options, find one that might be about suitable, type my enquiry and *bam* page submission errors and loses everything. Try again, same failure.

Try the 0808 number, and get through the options to get a recorded message "we are delaying orders at the moment so if you're trying to find where your order has gone, it's just late" (paraphrased) - whilst the web shop is still offering same day dispatch. Finally get past recorded messages to hear someone clattering a keyboard who 2 seconds later just cuts me off. Think to try to complain about the awful service but again I'm left with a phone they won't answer and a webform that crashes (consistently). Amateur hour. A joke in 2017.

They say a happy customer tells one person, an unhappy one tells 10. I think there are more than 10 here, but if you're going to position yourself as a premium product at a premium price, you need premium service. L'Or has let themselves down at every turn today, so I'm just going to stay with Nespresso who answer the phone, whose contact system works, who deliver next day to collection points near where people live and work. If a L'Or customer service rep happens by this post, they're free to PM if they want to hear me moan more about how awful they presented themselves today.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport