Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you’re feeling better, kathrynha.

maman, “stoochy” (I say ‘stushie’) is a great Scots term for ‘bust-up’. I love that word!

Great work, MissT.

I favour grating my own Parmesan too, maman. It tastes better and doesn’t smell of sweaty feet!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sunshinemummy~~ No. Not for me.
    Apart from anything else I could not lug all the stuff around.

Stuff? surely there is a set of scales!

I may need to stick my head on one.... I really have no idea!

:D:D:D:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Stuff? surely there is a set of scales!

I may need to stick my head on one.... I really have no idea!

:D:D:D:D

All the books, all the stuff for the shop, the boards, the stuff for the interest table, the laptops, the awards.................
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Thanks Kathrynha for the chart - hope today was a better day than yesterday - & well done Mrs R for being SoTW.

Hubby was being an !!!!! tonight & whereas I would have sulked ate, he wasn't having that satisfaction tonight... so I had my chilli pasta bake & enjoyed it - even the mutt had the good sense to behave tonight!

Don't know if anyone else eats it but there was something on a slimming world group that suggests that Aldi Rogan Josh has increased from 1.5 syns to 13.5 so be careful if you do
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,590 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Don't know if anyone else eats it but there was something on a slimming world group that suggests that Aldi Rogan Josh has increased from 1.5 syns to 13.5 so be careful if you do

:eek: Oh no! This reminds me of when Tesco changed the pulled pork recipe. I have one in the freezer that could be my last. :(
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Noooo! this is my go-to meal when I CBA cooking ....although I must admit I've enjoyed a home made chicken and spinach curry tonight for around 2 syns and would have had some for the freezer if DD hadn't finished it all....
  • Deja_Vu
    Deja_Vu Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Another -2lb for me. Really happy with that as seem to be getting back on track.
    Well Done MissTeach especially for resisting the staff room treats.

I don't use that myself but that seems like a massive jump in the wrong direction. I thought food manufacturers were trying to make their food healthier when they change the recipe not worse.
    I favour grating my own Parmesan too, maman. It tastes better and doesn’t smell of sweaty feet!
    I use fresh too but thought 1 syn seemed low for "real" cheese

Today's plan

B Overnight Oats and Berries
    L Beans on toast (6 syns)
    D Sausage casserole with broccoli and cauliflower (1.5 syns)
    Milk for teas, fruit for snacks
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Deja_Vu wrote: »

I don't use that myself but that seems like a massive jump in the wrong direction. I thought food manufacturers were trying to make their food healthier when they change the recipe not worse.

Hello Deja Vu

(sorry meant to say hello last night and forgot!)

Totally agree with what you've said (I was going to get some but not sure I'll bother now!) but it might be worth seeing what the app says in a couple of weeks time - though I'd rather be over cautious than just assume the syns are the same but the packaging has changed
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aloha lovelies and congratulations losers.

I don't know how, but I've maintained. Chocolate is clearly better to over indulge in then wine. Food for thought.

Today

B - Scrambled eggs and beans on toast

D - Chicken stew and cabbage (if anyone wants a lovely chicken stew recipe, let me know. This one is delicious IMO)

T - Meatballs and pasta

Syns - There are some sour cream pretzels and some chocolate (obviously) in. See how I go.

Walked to the post office and supermarket so calling that body magic. Starting job 2 now. Can't wait to be on maternity from job 1. Or for half term...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good result Top Girl.
    When does your mat leave start?
    Our half term is here.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure