Outplacement Services - Recommendations Please

Options
Hi all, has anyone used an outplacement service during redundancy and are there any specific ones you you'd recommend using? Outplacement is where your company pays a third party to assist you with your job search.

My employer is in the process of selecting people from a pool for redundancy. Although I'm not at risk yet it would be good to get advice on updating my skills and CV now, and pass on details of the recommended companies to my colleagues.

Thanks in advance.
"We have to be kind because everyone is fighting a great, great battle" - Sir Richard Attenborough
"There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women" - Madeleine Albright

Comments

• eamon
    eamon Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Many years ago (1991) I was made redundant and employer at the time paid for this service. I found it very useful and it may have helped me to get my next job. It comes into its own when it teaches you how to research correctly, do pretty good cv's, and preparing for interviews. Of course 1991 was pre internet and my research then was all library based. Since then I've been made redundant 4 times, and still used the skills.
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Think you find your employer selects the consultantancy for which they will pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure