Dro & bank charge claim

king16
king16 Posts: 12 Forumite
Hi, i have an approved DRO and have been reading up about claiming old bank charges, i have statements proving all the ones i've had and found a letter template from this site to send to my bank.. Am i allowed to claim these back whilst on a DRO? they total around £300?? that is even if they was to say yes and refund them to me. But i don't want to jeopardise my DRO in any way so wasn't sure if i should wait until my DRO is finished next year. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Do they relate to debts in the dro? If so I would leave it until your dro completes.

Would an asset of £300 take you over £1000 of assets? Again, I would leave it.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,825 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    That boat has long since sailed unfortunately.

It's not a gimme that you will get a refund.

You can still try, but wait until your DRO completes first.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • king16
    king16 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Thank you both for your replies :) i will wait until my DRO has ended just to be safe & like you say sourcrates its not guaranteed they will refund anyways but thought it was worth a try, for the price of a stamp :)
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If the claims are against banks you included in the DRO(or banks in same group), they are also likely to use the refund to offset your old debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure