PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    DH was home from work in good time so he's taken the kiddies out to martial arts. I've walked the dog again, lit the wood burner and put my pjs on :):)

Veg is chopped for dinner, so DH can cook that when they're back whilst I put the children to bed. See you all in the morning x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HM chicken curry made and eaten yum yum
    Washing is now sort of dry, folded and away, a heap left for ironing
    Cat flap parts ordered for blunder bust, £12.99 that is his pocket money gone for this month!!!

More rubbish out
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    Options
    Just going to update my list and then put my feet up for an hour, as feeling a bit fluey today.

Marvellous Monday
    Sort through a pile of paperwork – file or shred as required
    HHI
    Discuss storage options for ds2’s room with dh
    Clean the sink
    Check through the contents of the fridge
    Clean the work surfaces
    Sweep and mop the floor
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I really really need to stick with this. My flat is a tip and sometime this year I've got to finish my thesis and find a new job, which almost certainly means I'll have to sell this place and move. So it needs to be clean, and I need to have less than a lorryload of stuff... Seems like an ideal match with this thread really!

Can I join the slinkies challenge as well please? I need to lose 80lb...

MMM - fluey isn't nice :( there are a few bugs going around!
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry I'm so late coming on here today but been busy. Had GP appointment at 7.40 and she confirmed that yes, she thinks I have the onset of arthritis in my fingers and I also have tendonitis - no wonder I've been struggling with my typing :(. I went riding after and Huck was a good boy apart from when he wasn't in front, then he did a very good impression of a wannabe racehorse bless him - he is 19 but no-one has told him that!! Lunch then working this afternoon followed by trip to minor injuries to have my hands X-rayed. Got to have a blood test on Thursday to see if inflammation markers. Feeling really old I have to say. Then spent too long on Indeed looking to see if any non-typing jobs I can do but really don't know anything else.

Flying wise well good job I did stuff last night is all I can say!

Hi to new people and well done to those extras who are joining the various challenges. Got to go and put S to bed now.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good evening! Thank you to Valli and Natty for the threads. I'm in this week, although I don't have a chance of keeping up with everyone and not much will be done until Wednesday at the earliest, apart from dailies and some laundry.

First day back at work today with an after school meeting, two lots of tutoring tomorrow (home around 8pm) and another meeting on Wednesday.

On the plus side, lunches for tomorrow are made and so is my breakfast. Tomorrow's tea is planned. Early night tonight, as I'm absolutely shattered.

Valli - could you please add me to the H2H and slinky challenges (16lb). Thank you.
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Evening all

Welcome to all the newbies :hello:

Well work was work. Picked up some bread and cooked meat on the way home for tomorrow's packed lunches. Decided while I was on the bus I was going to have a nice big bubble bath when I got in, only to find my bath full of glitter (I know first world problems) so I had to clean it out, well I suppose I didn't NEED to but I didn't want to look like an extra from twilight at work tomorrow. So I cleaned the bath then cleaned the rest of the bathroom while my bath was filling. Then washed the bath again when I got out.
    In my jammies now

Think I'm probably be going to be posting and leaving just now the thread is getting too long for me to keep up will try my best though.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Think I'm probably be going to be posting and leaving just now the thread is getting too long for me to keep up will try my best though.

You can't leave right now.. you need us for our support until your life is non-soap opera-ish and boring..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all - Just got in from doing a sneaky shop to save me having to go tomorrow. Need to meal plan depending on who is here for dinner and when.

I've agreed to have a friend's two chidlers after school one day a week, so need to factor in food for them when they're here.

Had the woodburner going full-bore since I got up, as it was -5° most of the day. The builders tipped a half-empty bucket of water on to the driveway and we watched it freeze as it trickled down towards the drain. Bit cold then.

Console table duly constructed, placed into the dining room and new lamp installed. Mightily pleased with myself :rotfl: The boys spent several hours using the box it was delivered in as a mobile prison (!) complete with feline inmate...stupid cat...

I think it may well be wine o'clock...
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Ahhhhh it's the living room tomorrow (which is my 'room of the month') and I'm working all day and I've got people round in the evening. This could be interesting. I'm determined to do it though. Hubby is leaving at 5 in the morning. I could start then????

Our living room isn't too bad but would benefit from a little declutter. Pickle's Toys are a bit of a pain, but I don't think we can do anything about that. There is 1 walker toy to return to the friend we've borrowed it from (will put it in the car tomorrow) and 1 to be added to the car boot pile.

We've got a wing back chair where the webbing on the seat has failed, so I'll add sorting that out to my 'living room blitz' I'm also going to get a quote to have it reupholstered as it doesn't match our other chairs.

Well, this is meant to be a challenge.........

Watch this space.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport