IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN - parking in my own space

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You dont own it. You have a lease on it - meaning you have the rights conferred in your lease but ONLY for the time of the lease. If you owned the freehold then you would own it fully and complete.

So go over every part of your lease. Look for anything enabling them to bring in new regulations, any thing on permits etc

If you pay up you WILL get harassed more. ABsolutely g'teed. You will be seen as an easy target.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don’t see how anyone can be helping me when they are responding “ you went through the ISA, so they now have all the evidence against you “

How is that helping ? So you can understand my frustrations.

Where are you picking this up from ?
    We know what the IAS is like, we were there at it's birth
    and look forward to being there at it's death.

You can easily win this with a good defence so
    take on board everything that has been said.
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    @ Nos, so I have no right to fight this case then ? I have already explained what my lease says.
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    @ beamerguy, right now your response is what I needed. All I needed was a bit of encouragement and I felt I wasn’t getting that initially. A few of the responses were negative and just made me feel like I have no right and no case.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    @ Nos, so I have no right to fight this case then ? I have already explained what my lease says.

Nobody has said that ...... fight hard and win
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2018 at 3:23PM
    Options
    But I am not your mate, I do not know you, and I am not sure I wish to.

People on here have told you the legal position WRT leaseholds, I have advised you on making a claim for stress in the SCC, I suggest you take heed of the advice you have received here, or you could be about to make a very costly mistake.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    OK thank you. Well the stress thing was a bit of a scare tactic, I’ll claim for it if I have to, but i felt I would give my argument a bit more weight by claiming it’s making me stressed and I’ll take them to court for that reason :)
  • beamerguy
    Options
    @ beamerguy, right now your response is what I needed. All I needed was a bit of encouragement and I felt I wasn’t getting that initially. A few of the responses were negative and just made me feel like I have no right and no case.

It is only fair to explain your chances with the IAS which
    is simply a scam.

Other than that, there is no reason why you would not
    win this especially if the dodgy solicitor is Gladstones

Just read up on this crazy bunch, it only happened
    yesterday. It's residential .... just like yours

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/link-parking-youve-been-gladstoned.html
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    OK thank you. Well the stress thing was a bit of a scare tactic, I’ll claim for it if I have to, but i felt I would give my argument a bit more weight by claiming it’s making me stressed and I’ll take them to court for that reason :)
    Youre deluding yourself if you believe that they would be in any way shape or form "scared" of a claim "for stress"

You dont have ANY realistic hope of claiming for stress. None. Youve been told this more than once. Harassment - YES - absolutely

I also never said you have no chance. But you need to look at every part of your lease. Including any right by them to bring in reaosnable regulations.

The Deep owns properties so on leasehold is pretty good. I sugegst you STOP PANICKING
    Step away from your thread
    READ PROPERLY other threads

THEN come back.
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    Sounds very encouraging thanks :)

The chairman of our residents association is back soon and he has a lot more knowledge on our residents rights etc, so I’ll run it by him to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure