Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Husky sounds awful. Have you put in more than one complaint? Complain to the council everytime they break the rules. They will come round and monitor and have to get involved.
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in while DS napped. Popped to a few shops this morning before soft play but didn't buy a sausage just 50p for parking. I still need a going home outfit but couldn't see anything I really liked. I also have broken my two favourite mugs this week so popped to wilko for a couple of new ones but DS was being a pain and wanting to carry the basket so he saved me buying anything. I had £5 in my purse and withdrew my last £10 pocket money this week. Spent £13 with soft play and lunch so another couple of £'s in the hospital bag parking fund.

DP got an email saying we were near our monthly BT usage. I think it's because I'm home a lot more now and the amazon fire box means a lot more streaming. He's just called and upped to unlimited usage it's only £3 extra a month. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in to log a spend. Next sale.....was rubbish £13 spent on jeans and shorts for DS in the next size. £34 spent on non sale items for the baby coming home outfit and sleep suits and matching hats for the first few outings photos etc. I had £20 put away for the outfit but will find the money from somewhere and pay it all off by the end of the month as I hate that it's on my next card. Feeling more prepared for his arrival now I have outfits sorted. I nearly caved and brought a blanket too but I have so many lovely ones from DS I took it out my basket last min. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Next sale was completely rubbish wasn't it?! Ended up not buying anything! They've got some lovely sleep suits, etc though. I've got a few up in baby's wardrobe!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I missed this sale. Taking.comfort that neither of you were impressed. Feels like I missed out less. So tempting to go in and buy everything. Hope the last few weeks are going well hannah. I could not imagine looking after all the pennies, a child and growing a person. You are doing so well. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Afternoon,

NSD yesterday (bar bread and milk but u don't count food and only brought those two items from the shop which was good).

I've come down with an awful cold, I thought I was going into labour yesterday with all the aches and I was having irregular braxton hicks but about 7pm a sore throat hit. Slept pretty well last night but I did take paracetomol to knock me out. Up at 7 with DS but then went back to bed 10-12. DP is working at 4 today I made extra curry last night so at least I don't have to cook today. Will be heading up to bed not long after DS goes down at 7 if I still feel this rubbish.

Not sure if I should do a small good order next week just sticking to a meal plan or do a big order and stock up loads. It'll mean we go over budget but will save spends and stress once babies here. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    :mad: Also new clear score report out today. I've gone down 12 points!! I've paid off debt, have loads of savings and nothing else has changed!! These things are annoying me now!!! Feel like one steps forward two backward! :(
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in.

Football today DP isn't working until 4 so he came alone thankfully no jumping round like a frog for me today! Picked up my Next order then small £9 shop in morrison's the essentials + donuts and biscuits to go with the meal plan until the food shop arrives Thursday. Then we went for a Burger King not sure what came over me I just fancies a treat £13 spent for the three of us. It came out of next weeks pocket money allowance but hey ho it's not often me, DS and DP are all out and about with free time. He has so many jobs I want him to do around the house on his days off doubt we'll be doing much next week. There is a new two hour session at the childrens centre Wednesdays that's suitable for babies and toddlers so in going to give that a try this week, then the hour and a half session Friday both free then football Sunday. I may plan a soft play trip Tuesday but that should be my only Spendy day really so very double on £35.

My neighbour had her twins last night. I already have gifts and cards from the mothercare sale. She should be home tomorrow and has said we must go for snuggle....hoping it'll help being on my labour.

DP got a message to arrange an interview at ford for next week.....his friends been keeping an eye out for a
    Position but it's been 6 months so that's why he's been trying for Audi! Now two job offers come along at the same time! Typical!

Right I need to we up and cook a sheapards pie my mums coming over for tea and to bath DS and do bedtime routine to practice for when were in hospital. Noddle report out later today so I'll probably pop in to report that it's gone up even though my debt is down! X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Noddle updated and it's stayed the same. At least it's stable. All accounts are at least one payment behind which is annoying but at least I know they are going in the right direction.

Play date arranged for Tuesday. It's a nice cheap soft play though so should be all on budget. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop before I find the motivation to iron. Spent £12 today on 40 duracelle batteries from amazon. There was a good deal on and we've ran out and have a few toys not working and will need lots come Christmas.

Other than that nothing else exciting to report money wise today.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income