oh my life...... Light Bulb moment.

Options

Comments

• MiMi66
    MiMi66 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 November 2013 at 2:54AM
    Options
    Ah Julie - trouble with dating is that you just don't know til you go do you. So it's investing in hope so don't kick yourself too much. Sorry it didn't work out. I am sure that if I say down and really scrutinised my debt that a HUGE chunk would be from my attempts to have a love life. Clothes, makeup bought to impress, child care, travel as I live away from any metropolis, paying my way and on far too many occasions paying their way too. Daft really. A catalogue of errors really. I've learnt a lot. Specifically that PJ's, kids and a fire is often far far more fun:-) I haven't out the heating on yet but I have a small open fire which I love despite it being awfully inefficient. It does take the chill off and fab for the soul.
    MiMi66 2023 and moving forward ☺️
    £38154 - DEBT FREE May 2021
  • MiMi66
    Options
    Ah life - 2.30 am and wide awake wondering on the elusiveness of cash.........
    No extra shifts for over a month.
    Christmas costs looming and already incurring.
    And the whole work outings for Christmas too....
    Despite this I do like the silly season and its as time to play and rest, eat good food and play board games.

I was really hoping that I would get through Christmas without incurring more debt, but I suspect I am not going to make that. It's the combination of the children's birthdays plus Christmas plus the social side. I guess we are all in the same boat.

Can't believe there are people pushing for interest rates to rise - I think I would just have to roll over and die if that happens. Too grim a thought.
  • MiMi66
    Options
    Yay! I have a extra night shift next Friday - 11 hour shift - yawn, but I shall keep myself awake thinking happy thoughts about financial freedom:-):j It will go toward Christmas I think (and maybe a bit towards a bike bag for my beloved bicycle.....talk about a weird mid life crisis - I am in love with a bicycle????? (I seriously have been alone too long!):rotfl:
    I am on call this week but in the dear NHS being on call for a week as the earns me an extra £30 for the whole week - madness and sad really. We get nothing else at all even if we are called for advice, guidance and decisions or called out.
    But still - as I remind myself - I love my job, it is a privilege working with people and you never know, my ship may come in yet!

The children are off tonight - teen things - one on a sleepover, the other at a house party, they are doing fab and are happy and have got their heads aroound our fiances or lack of ever so well.

I sold a small amount of clothes at a newly new shop - got £32 - which has helped this month. The cats vaccinations are coming up which is always an expense but that's deal with pets isn't. They give us love and companionship, we give them love, food and injections!:D

So Friday night and I am about to pore over cook books to look for something to make for friends who are coming to lunch tomorrow - some thing nice that won't cost the earth, and then a cake as well - Caramel and coffee cake made with condensed milk - yum yum.

Hope all the money saving wizards are haivng a good weekend too.
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    MiMi66 wrote: »
    (and maybe a bit towards a bike bag for my beloved bicycle.....talk about a weird mid life crisis - I am in love with a bicycle????? (I seriously have been alone too long!):rotfl:

Well you and me both then because I am in love with my bike too :D I wish I'd discovered cycling years ago.....might have got me a fit cyclist ;)
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • MiMi66
    Options
    Well - 7 months absent and what do I have to show for it. What a time it's been.
    Sad to say my debt had trundled up the other way, the wrong way. Back up to £22000. Grim. My mortgage is down though so it has pretty much swung in equal measure. I shall update my numbers tomorrow.

I feel low about all this. It is a struggle and I can't quite see it getting any better unless I have a huge change. Sell house, or a kidney! Joking there!

I am bemused by the government spokes people saying we are out if recession and blah blah blah. I can't say I notice my peers suddenly being flush. I so still envy people with shared lives and two incomes into one home.

Anyway. I thought I best get myself back on track and face my monsters. So here I am. I will do an update on the numbers and a statement of finances too.

I so benefitted from the friendly support here first time around and it helped me enormously. Hope others are doing better than I at this debt management challenge!
  • timeforaction_2
    Options
    Mimi66 hi there here's a hug for you
  • daydream_believer_2
    Options
    Hey there Mimi66 here's a BIG (((HUG)))

don't give up, just keep plugging away.
    Maybe take a look at the PAYMENT A DAY challenge. I have a very long journey to debt freedom, but this thread is full of friendly people, and keeps me motivated.
    A Payment A Day keeps the debts at bay
    PADS 2016 = £222.57

Frugal living challenge 2016 1129.71/3660
    = 14.86 per day/10.00 per day
  • MiMi66
    Options
    Thank you daydream believer and timeforaction - it is amazing how some empathy from others can make you feel that you can face big problems such as these.
  • MiMi66
    Options
    Just updated my signature totals - grim reading..... Have five year plan but this relies on the 0% balance transfer arrangements staying available to switch too. A bit nervous about this as one of my CC have sent a letter saying that they are no longer going o offer 0% transfers as they believe people just get into more debt with them - honestly how do they think people with little free money to repay debt can somehow do that better if they are hit with interest repayments every month. It'd be OK if they were offering it for 3% APR to equate to a balance transfer fee - but they are not - it is usually at least 7/8%. Grrrrr.
  • Solwaysaver
    Solwaysaver Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    MiMi66,
    I've lurked for a long time now but having read your posts from the beginning today i thought i'd come out of my cosy cupboard and join you. Reading your posts i thought it was a thread i must have started and forgotton about! Yet another single mother of over 10 years, 2 daughters, oldest left home now, youngest just finished 1st year of uni. Yes tried the dating thing but can't afford it!
    My debts around the 23000 mark built up of what?? Not alot to show for mine.
    I also love books ( have a bit of a library going on !), walking and would love a dutch bicycle :D.
    Oh and i'm 46 and a nurse! So if you don't mind i'll hop on board, was getting a bit dusty in my cupboard anyway!
    Jules x
    Ps think my username should've been solwayspender :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport