Setting Up

Options
Hi and apologies if similar has been posted before but just looking for some advice on getting set up properly to make things easier accounts wise in the long term.

I have dabbled in some small time bit on the side things in the past and registered as self employed, completing a self assessment each year.

However, I am now looking to set up my own graphic design business.

As well as doing the graphic design I want to run some other things as well so am wondering what's the best approach to do this. Do I just continue being self employed and in my return list it as:

business1 p/l
business2 p/l
business3 p/l

Or do I set up as a LTD company and file everything under the LTD company name without breaking it down?

I am not expecting to be making money over the VAT threshold or anything like that, it will mainly all be online for now.

Hope this makes sense, and appreciate any advice/pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Lafuma
    Lafuma Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hi and apologies if similar has been posted before but just looking for some advice on getting set up properly to make things easier accounts wise in the long term.

I have dabbled in some small time bit on the side things in the past and registered as self employed, completing a self assessment each year.

However, I am now looking to set up my own graphic design business.

As well as doing the graphic design I want to run some other things as well so am wondering what's the best approach to do this. Do I just continue being self employed and in my return list it as:

business1 p/l
    business2 p/l
    business3 p/l

Or do I set up as a LTD company and file everything under the LTD company name without breaking it down?

I am not expecting to be making money over the VAT threshold or anything like that, it will mainly all be online for now.

Hope this makes sense, and appreciate any advice/pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Whether or not to set up a limited co is not based on any information you have provided here.

Speak to an accountant for some good, proper advice on the matter :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure