Ebay - Too many sent messages

Options
I've been contacting a few sellers and potential buyers recently. I've now got the message "You have exceeded the maximum number of messages you can send."

Is there any way I can get round this?

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In a word no. You have to just wait until tomorrow where you can send a few again.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • JONESAD
    JONESAD Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    So is it a certain number per day that you are allowed to send rather than week or month?
  • cbobting
    cbobting Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    a certain amount per day. not sure what the limit is though. my guess is aroung 50.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's to stop users spamming other users. With a daily limit it means that hopefully we shouldn't be subjected to too many spam emails trying to draw attention to a sellers auctions, or offering other bidders the same product from another seller.

I was a little concerned that the OP was contacting other sellers and potential buyers, as a quick reading of those phrases does rather suggest spamming. You should only contact other sellers where you want to ask a question about an item already listed, there is virtually no reason at all to contact bidders that are not already bidding on your items which the words 'potential bidders' rather implies.

All contact mail carried through the ebay system has a direct reporting link on them so that users can report any unsolicited mail.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • OllieLong
    OllieLong Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    cbobting wrote:
    a certain amount per day. not sure what the limit is though. my guess is aroung 50.
    I think its a lot less then that, about 10 I think.
  • angelcake
    angelcake Posts: 4,496 Forumite
    Options
    yes it is just 10...............I think I can guess what op is doing!!:think: :naughty:
    :p:p Angel :p:p
  • JONESAD
    JONESAD Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    All I was doing was contacting unsuccessful bidders on MY auctions to see if they wanted a second chance offer. I believe second chance offers are an accepted way of selling more than one of the same item aren't they?

What I don't like doing is just sending second chance offers cold as I've find that the percentage of completions is very low. Therefore I will only send the second chance offer once someone has said they are interested.

Thanks for all the responses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport