Help! I'm scared I have bedbugs!!

Options
I've been getting bitten on the face for years randomly. Don't normally get bitten elsewhere on the body. I've just had a really bad batch of bites which my colleague suggested could be bed bug bites as one side of my mouth there were 5 bites in a direct straight line and a week later I got more bites on the other cheek. Normally I'd just get 1 or 2 bites.

I've looked on the mattress and along the seams and I've looked behind the headboard and I've pulled out the underbed drawers and stuck my head under the bed and looked at the wooden slats which support the mattress and I've not seen any bugs or blood spots or black spots which I understand to be the bug poo on the bed or sheets and I suppose it would be on the pillows as my bites are on my face and I've not noticed that at all.
Nonetheless I am feeling quite sick about this as the bites on my face do appear to possibly be bed bug bites though I can't see any evidence of this. I've spent a good few hours looking at pics of bed bug bites trying to figure out if they are that. My only other suspicion is the bin room (live in a block of flats with big commercial style bins and everyone goes down and dumps their rubbish in there) and possibly being bitten when I go down there.

Really quite worried sick about this. Has anyone had bedbugs and can comment on my experience? If you know you had it, did you see any proof?

Comments

• sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you bought anything second hand?
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cazs wrote: »
    I've been getting bitten on the face for years randomly. Don't normally get bitten elsewhere on the body. I've just had a really bad batch of bites which my colleague suggested could be bed bug bites as one side of my mouth there were 5 bites in a direct straight line and a week later I got more bites on the other cheek. Normally I'd just get 1 or 2 bites.

Maybe not bedbugs then.
  • Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have a cat or a dog?

It could be fleas biting you.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bedbug bites are usually found on your torso, flea bites are usually found on your ankles and lower legs - unless you've got a massive infestation and then the bugs would be quite visible anyway. You usually know you've got bedbugs because you see the blood spots on your bedding, not to mention that the bites tend to be quite red, inflamed and itchy. This doesn't really sound like either of those. Are you sure it's bites and not some kind of eczema or an allergy (maybe nickel if you have piercings, or even something odd like being irritated or scratched overnight by feathers in your pillow?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure