could i describe this repair by Shorade as fraudulent?

Options

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,646 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fraudulent - no!
    Suffered financial loss - no
    Not to an acceptable standard - possibly.

But as the damage has now been repaired to an acceptable standard without cost to you, it is time to move on with your life.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tir21 wrote: »
    just check out what defrauded means. Untill you understand the basics its going to be difficult to have any meaningful dialogue with you. thanks anyway though for your efforts

You are accusing the company of fraud, you are saying you are the victim of that fraud, therefore you are saying you have been defrauded.

It's you that has decided that the company has committed fraud. Being less than honest does not make them fraudulent, and since they haven't defrauded you, they are not guilty of fraud.

You've also been guilty of muddying the waters on this forum and preventing yourself getting the best advice because you insist on opening multiple threads.

Why should people go to the trouble of trying to assist you when you make them search for all nine of the threads regarding your situation with this company.

You've been inconsiderate in the multiple threads in spite of people asking you nicely to keep it to one thread and to ask the mods nicely if they will merge your threads. Due to the number of threads that wouldn't be a small task.

Try and consider others a little more.
  • tir21
    tir21 Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fraudulent - no!
    Suffered financial loss - no
    Not to an acceptable standard - possibly.

But as the damage has now been repaired to an acceptable standard without cost to you, it is time to move on with your life.

Shorade knew that to return the car to its original condition would require a new bumper.

That is the gain to themselves.

I gave them multiple opportunities to return the washer cover on passenger side to match that on the driver side. This proved beyond them - I would contend - because they were not attempting to do the job correctly.

The fact they did not mention the handicap that they were facing (ie a missing bracket) - is the dishonest element of their behaviour that leads me to believe they acted fraudulently
  • tir21
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    You are accusing the company of fraud, you are saying you are the victim of that fraud, therefore you are saying you have been defrauded.

It's you that has decided that the company has committed fraud. Being less than honest does not make them fraudulent, and since they haven't defrauded you, they are not guilty of fraud.

You've also been guilty of muddying the waters on this forum and preventing yourself getting the best advice because you insist on opening multiple threads.

Why should people go to the trouble of trying to assist you when you make them search for all nine of the threads regarding your situation with this company.

You've been inconsiderate in the multiple threads in spite of people asking you nicely to keep it to one thread and to ask the mods nicely if they will merge your threads. Due to the number of threads that wouldn't be a small task.

Try and consider others a little more.

I've told you to come back when you know what defraud means
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    I've told you to come back when you know what defraud means

Stop being a patronising twonk. I know what defraud means and you haven't been defrauded.

Grow up and go and ask the mods to merge your threads and show some consideration for others.
  • tir21
    Options
    from the fraud act

"the defendant's conduct must be dishonest"

tick

"his/her intention must be to make a gain; or cause a loss or the risk of a loss to another"

tick
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    from the fraud act

tick

"his/her intention must be to make a gain; or cause a loss or the risk of a loss to another"

tick

You appear to think that you have definitely been defrauded.

In which case take it to the police.

I do t think you'll get very far but you can sue them for damages in a civil action, could be pricey but worth the risk from your perspective I'd suggest.
  • tir21
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    You appear to think that you have definitely been defrauded.

In which case take it to the police.

I do t think you'll get very far but you can sue them for damages in a civil action, could be pricey but worth the risk from your perspective I'd suggest.

actually the MD at shorade threatened to get the police onto me for leaving a review on shorades facebook page. Everytine I edited the review he thought i was writing a separate review and accused me of harassment. Hes not the brightest spark in the box either
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Options
    actually the MD at shorade threatened to get the police onto me for leaving a review on shorades facebook page. Everytine I edited the review he thought i was writing a separate review and accused me of harassment. Hes not the brightest spark in the box either

Nor are you but there you go.
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    from the fraud act

tick

tick

What financial loss have you suffered?

If there is any, why aren't you suing them or reporting them to the police?

I see you have reported some posters, why haven't you asked for the 9 threads you have made on this issue to be merged?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure