IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Stanmore - ANPR ticket received but I didn't park?

Options
Hello all,

I've browsed the newbie thread but couldn't seem to find the answer to this (may have overlooked it though!)

On 17th March I entered the car park at Stanmore station intending on going to work. However I felt quite ill, and when I pulled into a space I decided not to go to work, pulled back out and left the car park.

Flash forward to Monday gone, I received an ANPR ticket to my home address, with an image showing my car entering the car park. £60 fine - £100 if unpaid in the earlier time limit.

I appealed of course, and the response I got was:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the above notice number. We have considered the case carefully and have decided to reject your appeal on the following grounds;

The Automatic Number Plate Recognition service has recorded that the parking session for your vehicle was not paid for within the stipulated time."

Appeal REJECTED.

I've opened up a POPLA to appeal once more, but I was looking for advice regarding where I stand with this? I have not been shown any proof except a photo of my car entering the car park, and I left the car park in less than 30 minutes.

What else can I do to help my appeal?

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What on earth makes you think you will get away with the "I wasn't parked" myth when yph were on site for nearly 30 minutes, if you use that poor excuse in a popla appeal you will loose.

Look at the newbies start here, and compose an appeal based on proper arguments then post your appeal here for the regulars to see before you submit it.
    Clue what happened on the day does not count!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Post 3 of the NEWBIES is where you will find a number of template appeal points. Byelaws probably apply so that needs to be at least one of your appeal points.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you go and give away the driver in that first appeal? If so, several toes have been shot off...but you still have legs to stand on (but less POPLA points than a keeper appellant).

Which PPC - Indigo? NCP?

Just search the forum for posts about 'POPLA railway byelaws' for recent examples as well as reading the NEWBIES thread post #3 (deliberately long template appeal points for POPLA are there).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I appealed of course, and the response I got was:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the above notice number. We have considered the case carefully and have decided to reject your appeal on the following grounds;

The Automatic Number Plate Recognition service has recorded that the parking session for your vehicle was not paid for within the stipulated time."

Appeal REJECTED.

I've opened up a POPLA to appeal once more, but I was looking for advice regarding where I stand with this? I have not been shown any proof except a photo of my car entering the car park, and I left the car park in less than 30 minutes.

What else can I do to help my appeal?
    Show us your draft POPLA appeal...you have gone quiet.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure