7 years of gold

Options
13»

Comments

• kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are really keen on gold and have a DC pension, you could always transfer it to one of the non-mass-market SIPP firms that allows you to invest in gold bullion and other non-standard assets.

Or you could wait to see whether the Royal Mint strikes a deal with one of the mass market firms.

Anyway, whatever the attractions of having 5% or 10% of your portfolio in precious metals, how are you going to store them safely?

From an American blogger: "The most disappointing feature of the year was in the category of personal savings. I have managed net savings every year, including those that included paying for college educations. This year, however, began poorly when my gold dealer got robbed and lost my gold. My losses paled in comparison to his; he committed suicide."
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kidmugsy wrote: »
    From an American blogger: "The most disappointing feature of the year was in the category of personal savings. I have managed net savings every year, including those that included paying for college educations. This year, however, began poorly when my gold dealer got robbed and lost my gold. My losses paled in comparison to his; he committed suicide."
    So not only was he dumb enough to buy gold, he stored it with an uninsured dealer. Not clever.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Physical gold etf, and jewelry to wear. The only way I hold gold (apart from a few coins gifted to us by my mother).

And I am not buying any at these prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure