Puzzled about USA ESTA

Options
My partner and I have recently applied for an ESTA. On checking our status it informs both applications have been successful. What's puzzling is that there doesn't seem to be an actual ESTA to print out and show to the airline and/or US customs officials. All the acknowledgements confirm is acceptance, authorised, the application reference no. and 'Welcome to the United States' !
Have things been simplified? Many thanks.

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can put the ref in to their website to view and print from there.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    verntern wrote: »
    My partner and I have recently applied for an ESTA. On checking our status it informs both applications have been successful. What's puzzling is that there doesn't seem to be an actual ESTA to print out and show to the airline and/or US customs officials. All the acknowledgements confirm is acceptance, authorised, the application reference no. and 'Welcome to the United States' !
    Have things been simplified? Many thanks.

hi

If your applications have been successful and all your details were right then thats you ok as far as i know.
    I ve applied twice for an esta and never had a print out.
    I think what happens is the customs people will scan your passports,. check you have the esta, things are ok and you will be fine.
    pretty sure the esta s are linked to passports.
    hope this helps
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    AS bobby says there is no need to print it out (there never has been)

if for your peace of mind you want to then you can from the website, or just note the ref no and keep that with you
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    It's electronic so no printing required. The Esta is linked to your passport, which is why if your passport expires you need to apply for a new Esta.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is an option to print. OH is a belt and braces man, so always does 'just in case'!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • scumsthorne
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »
    There is an option to print. OH is a belt and braces man, so always does 'just in case'!

It's a case of "the computer says no" though. A printed copy won't get you onto a plane.
  • novelty-socks
    Options
    Don't bother printing. It's all computerised. If there's no record of your ESTA approval showing when you try to board the plane, you ain't getting on - no matter how many bits of paper you've printed out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure