Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Big hugs Mrs R...be kind to yourself x

Lost 2lbs today which I'm really pleased about but going out tonight & am being driven there so I can't claim designated driver immunity. Might have to resort to my back up trick of pretending to drink a short with a mixer but really just drinking lemonade.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Glad to hear you're off to your mum's kathrynha. It'll do you good to get out. I think you've coped very well with this week. When do you go back to work? Is DD still head cook and bottle washer?

Hoping to be back on Monday. Might not do a full day, but wanting to get back to normality.
    DD is still doing lots, but I'm helping he as much as I can, and hubby is on washing up duty. She's a good kid.
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Take care Mrs R & Kathrynha :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • chocolateteddy
    Options
    Haven't managed to catch up on all the news as been sulking

Gained 1/2 this week
    not a brilliant start to the new challenge. But it gave me the kick up the backside I needed I have 21 more weigh ins and need to lose 40 1/2 lbs to target. So 2lb a week I can and I will do this.

Swapped my fruit in morning for speed fruit and trying to eat more speed overall. I need to sit down and meal plan better as when I do it is a lot easier not to go off the rails.
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Big hugs Mrs R...be kind to yourself x

Lost 2lbs today which I'm really pleased about but going out tonight & am being driven there so I can't claim designated driver immunity. Might have to resort to my back up trick of pretending to drink a short with a mixer but really just drinking lemonade.
    . Good for you I'd never even think of doing that lol:T
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to the new thread!

Was disappointed today as gained half a pound at weigh in this morning.

I think I know what it is....I've been bunged up since Monday. Had to have an indian curry tonight to try and shift it, plus will take some Senakot before going to bed.

So now I have 4.5lbs to go for my target weight! I try not to get despondant about it, when I look at what I've achieved so far.

Am thinking about doing a fun run on the 4th June, it's just over 8 miles, but I'm sure I can do it. I'm sick of people telling me "you won't be able to do it".
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya, everyone, well my day went to pot. Breakfast and lunch were fine but dinner was only baked crispy potatoes and curry sauce so I spoilt my days menu.:mad::mad:
    I hope Sunday goes better...

Breakfast.. Bran flakes A/B raspberries

Lunch.. veg soup, Ryvita 6 syns inc butter clementine x 2

Dinner..steak,potatoes ,mixed veg roasties.Gravy Yorkshire pud 3 syns

Extra.. ff yoghurt, 2 crispbread 5 syns inc butter. Apple.
    14 syns

I will post any losses mid morning :D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good losses, well done :T
    Go for it abbafan , you've got exactly 3 months to build up to the fun run. It'll be good Body Magic too and you'll be at target by then so it will help you maintain. :)
    I've had a strange day. Still can't taste anything and then I had a stomach ache on top of my cold. :(
    I cooked the Delia goulash but couldn't face eating any dinner so DH pinged himself a ready meal. The goulash can go in the freezer for another day. I might stir in a tin of red beans and turn it into a chunky chilli.
    Positives were I saved loads of syns and Saints won. :D
    Good win for you too greentiger :T
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Lantanna - sorry to hear about the job! :(

Stuck to plan yesterday - hooray!! :T

Been out with a friend to London today. Bit of a mixture SW-wise... :o

Good:
    - breakfast very early before I left the house (fruit & Greek yoghurt) :D
    - brunch in All Bar One (a "Protein Power Up"?? - smoked salmon,
    poached egg, avocado, grapefruit, radish, watercress & seeds) :D
    - dinner in Nando's - chicken breast (skin removed!), spicy rice & mixed salad, diet coke :D

Bad:
    - Lots of alcohol...prosecco cocktails (2 in All Bar One, 1 in the Ice Bar, and a glass of "straight" Prosecco midway through the theatre!!) :o
    - A packet of Salted cashew nuts in the theatre (15 syns! Note to self: check syn value before eating things... Didn't even want them that badly - just had them because they were on the bar and looked "nice"! So cross with myself - what an idiot... :mad:)

Right, that's it - it was the last "holiday" day of my holiday today, so back on track tomorrow and going to be good right up to weigh in on Thursday, to try and claw back some of today's naughtiness! ;)

P x
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done for losses, lantanna and gts.

Thanks, maman. It’s a day for both our teams to celebrate!

Saturday’s fairy story finished up as -
    Breakfast: [STRIKE]banana [/STRIKE]scrambled eggs, tomato and bacon
    Lunch: hexb roll with roro sausage & onion, [STRIKE]fruit[/STRIKE]
    Snack: hifi choc orange (3)
    Dinner: chicken, sweet potato & lentil curry with rice, [STRIKE]Light & Free raspberry yogurt[/STRIKE]
    Snack: Frys Chocolate Cream (10)
    Snack: hexa cheese & apple
    Snack: hifi salted caramel (3)

Syns: 16 not the best choices made today

Sunday is meant to be
    Brunch: hexb toasted roll topped with bacon, poached eggs & tomatoes
    Snack: hifi bar (3)
    Dinner: roast pork, roast potatoes, kale, parsnips, apple sauce (2), gravy (2), Light & Free raspberry yogurt and fruit
    Snack: hexa cheese & apple
    Planned syns: 7
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills