Britannia Airport Inn - Manchester

Options
Please avoid this hotel.

To our extreme regret we stayed here after a long flight. The service from the staff on reception was awful, the accommodation sub-standard at best and very uncomfortable.

Furthermore I have been complaining for a significant period of time - at every level possible - and the whole process has been botched, ignored, passed around and derogatory offers made to resolve the matter. I have been asking for a refund since September 2015 and the offers have actually gotten worse over time.

The customer service is literally the worst I have ever encountered with any organization so anybody thinking "if it is that bad, I will just complain and get my money back" think again as you will just be ignored.

I have left similar comments on TripAdvisor and am keen to share my experience on other such website - can anyone recommend any please?

Comments

• ThumbRemote
    Options
    The reviews on TripAdvisor are already pretty poor, so given you clearly didn't read them before you booked, I'm not sure what you good you think it will do to leave more reviews on other sites.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you will find that Britannia are already well known here.

My local one is/was a poorly run dump too - and a friend who had the misfortune to work there for a year or so found it amongst the worst places he'd ever worked, so don't blame the staff entirely, so there is no incentive/encouragement for staff to perform well.
  • tebthereb
    Options
    The reviews on TripAdvisor are already pretty poor, so given you clearly didn't read them before you booked, I'm not sure what you good you think it will do to leave more reviews on other sites.

I do not really follow the logic in that statement.

One of the main points of review sites is to share experiences. The point of leaving multiple reviews is, I would suggest, rather obviously to maximize that sharing. Why would a past failure to read reviews make me less inclined to share my experience? If anything a bad experience from failure to look at reviews is only encouragement to leave reviews and help others avoid the same mistake.

In any case whilst it is 'clear' to you that I did not read reviews, I honestly cannot recall whether I read reviews at the time or not, it was years ago. I suspect I may have looked at the overall score and read a few of the more recent ones, and thought, "I want something cheap, how bad can it really be? if it is that terrible I will just complain". I thought I made comments along those lines somewhere already, my apologies if not.

I would like to discourage people having the same thought process from making the same mistake. The customer service, post-stay, was perhaps the worst thing about my experience with Britannia.

I have also told Britannia that if they will not listen - as they have been ignoring me - I will share my experience with others who will. So, I am also following through on that promise.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,811 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tebthereb wrote: »
    I do not really follow the logic in that statement.
    But if the bad reviews already there didn't deflect you from staying there, what makes think that your review will influence others?
  • tebthereb
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    But if the bad reviews already there didn't deflect you from staying there, what makes think that your review will influence others?

Well, I am just hoping it will rather than banking on it of course.

Even if I assume everyone thinks like me - which is a stretch but one you seem to be running with - then as I have already indicated I was probably thinking at the time that despite bad reviews if it was terrible I would just complain and get my money back. I was wrong, and I do not want others to make the same mistake.

I am surprised to be receiving - and my apologies if I am incorrect - any criticism for leaving a review on a review website, and also trying - via a money saving forum - to warn others off wasting money from using what is a budget but still well below par hotel. Sure, there are plenty of bad reviews already and I know I am not sharing any revelations but I also thought the more current reviews were available the better equipped people would be to make a decision.

Do you think that anyone leaving a review for a hotel, that has already reviewed badly, is wasting their time then?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure