rbs taking there time

just to warn people ive been waitiing about 2 weeks since sending back forms for a rbs 0% card just rung them its not been processed yet

woman on phone says they are have had thousands more applications than planned and have a major backlog

If this is your next planned Stooze card get the application in eary

ard123en

Comments

• Innys
    Innys Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    I found they took their time and only offered me £3k which isn't much use on an Egg debt of £13k. Needless to say, I didn't bother and chose IF which were as quick but offered £6k.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Innys wrote:
    I found they took their time and only offered me £3k which isn't much use on an Egg debt of £13k. Needless to say, I didn't bother and chose IF which were as quick but offered £6k.
    I'm assuming you're a stoozer? Even if you're managing "real" debt, the following will apply.

I don't understand people who suffer the credit search and then turn down the limit offered. This search will surely affect future applications so isn't it better to take the £3K, and possibly try to talk it up a little? After all, had you taken it, you would now only be £4K short on your £13K. As Tesco say, "every little helps".
  • Their credit limits are cronic - for what is a "Platinum" card with 0% on BTs and purchases for 9 months, I was given a limit of £1750!! When I rang to see if the limit could be raised, I was told to send in 3m bank statements & a copy of the card statement I wanted to BT to. I was after £10K but in the end got an increase to £4K which is better than nothing .
    Ethical moneysaver
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I was told to send in 3m bank statements & a copy of the card statement I wanted to BT to.
    I can understand 3 months bank statements to check account conduct (maybe they're even checking for stoozing activity although I doubt it), but they can see how much you owe the other card and it's limit from your credit file.

However, and I've just remembered this as I type, when I received my Equifax & Experian reports recently, I noticed a distinct absence of any information whatsoever regarding my current account and it's credit card (with a total available credit of £12K) and also another credit card I have which is run by a MAJOR provider who obviously doesn't report activity to the big two (yet!).

If there's a moral in here somewhere, it's make sure you know what they can see before you tell them what you've got. Get a copy of your credit history file
  • True but of course the Experian quoted balances can be anything upto a couple of months out of date, not a lot of use if you have just paid off a large balance.
    Ethical moneysaver
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport