2»

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 July 2017 at 3:13PM
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    I was thinking that seems quite common on this part of the forum (Not sure if it's just me).
    Meanwhile the prices are probably shooting up as crafty cockneys look for a bit of Geordie Shore...lol. Hopefully they will return if they've not already resolved.

Virgin trains east coast London Kings Cross to Newcastle can be bought for as little as £20 well in advance. Given the proximity to the date (special offers presumed expired) I would suspect coach might be all that is affordable.... from Birmingham or London Victoria. Flights look pricey now around those dates.

Once in Newcastle... either by Megabus, National Express, air or Rail... you'll be very close (simple walk) to a Newcastle metro station (Nexus operated Metro being the Tyne and Wear light rail system which is mostly above ground but some underground) which might get you closer to ultimate destination which is not detailed.

Agree with above.. plenty to see in Newcastle and the wider region while you're up here. On a Friday or Saturday night in town you might see some unusual 'wildlife' haha... if you fancy something a bit more cultured or laid back then Tynemouth might be worth a visit... home to a few roosting lesser spotted Conservatives and the Priory and Castle. If you really fancied a day of seeing as much as you could via public transport... get a 3 (all A+B+C) zone metro Daysaver ticket for £5 - you can travel as much as you like then for the day on metro system and that includes the Shields ferry across the Tyne (which my wife likes to sit on and go back and forth!)
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • lammy82
    lammy82 Posts: 594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And no you can't get off the train at an intermediary station if you're using an Advanced ticket. It's only valid for the specific named stations with no break of journey allowed.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Options
    lammy82 wrote: »
    And no you can't get off the train at an intermediary station if you're using an Advanced ticket. It's only valid for the specific named stations with no break of journey allowed.
    Does anyone know what happens if you feign illness..i.e. have to get off while bent over double.. might be a trick?
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • lammy82
    lammy82 Posts: 594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know what happens if you feign illness..i.e. have to get off while bent over double.. might be a trick?

Oh yes, that will definitely work. You'll need to keep it going right to the ticket gate, which won't accept your ticket, so maybe try to throw up on the gateline attendant to make sure they wave you through without asking too many questions.

That's Moneysaving :dance:
  • Muttleythefrog
    edited 17 July 2017 at 8:15PM
    Options
    lammy82 wrote: »
    Oh yes, that will definitely work. You'll need to keep it going right to the ticket gate, which won't accept your ticket, so maybe try to throw up on the gateline attendant to make sure they wave you through without asking too many questions.

That's Moneysaving :dance:
    lol... mind you my partner says she's never used the ticket gates to get out of Newcastle.. only to get to the platforms... so they may never know. And you know what Geordies are like... "Is this Glasgow?"...'Eeee hinnie... no it's the toon... but you won't na the difference man.. come on in and get yaself a stottie at Greggs'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure