Argos click and collect problem - refused a refund!

Options
So, I bought an item from Ebay on 24/10 to be delivered to Argos using their click and collect service. I received an email to say it was ready to collect on 27/10.

As I was so busy I completely forgot to pick it up and only remembered a week or so ago, so I checked the collection email and it said "Your order will be held at your selected Click & Collection location until 03-Nov-2017. If you haven’t collected your order by then, we’ll return it to the seller and you’ll receive a refund."

So I thought fair enough, they should have had enough time by now to process my refund... but I haven't received one. So I opened a case (don't know if that was the right thing to do but I am an Ebay newbie...) and I said that I hadn't had chance to pick the item up and asked if they were processing a refund. Anyway, I received an email from Ebay today saying this:

"We're sorry you have a problem with your purchase. However, the seller provided tracking information that shows the item was delivered to your address.

After reviewing all the details of this request, we determined that you won't receive a refund."

What!? I had the item delivered to Argos, not my address. I haven't received any tracking number either if they sent it to my house once it was returned to them from Argos. I'm sooo confused.

Has anyone had this problem before or knows what I can do? I thought I might be able to message back to tell them that it was delivered to Argos and not my home address but it only gives me the option to open an appeal and it says this:

"If you're unhappy with a decision on a case, you can appeal within 30 days of the case being closed. You'll need to provide new information in your appeal, which may include:
  • A copy of your police report
  • Photos showing the item doesn't match the listing description
  • Tracking details showing the seller received your return"
Well I don't have any of those as I never received the bloody item! Help!!!

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Have you tried going to Argos to see if you can collect it if it's still there?

The seller has done their bit, they have delivered it to the address you requested it be delivered to.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • moominpops
    Options
    Ok Tealblue - I didn't "bother" not to pick it up, I completely forgot, it happens when you are incredibly busy. I asked for advice not a smarmy post. If you can't be helpful then why post at all?
  • moominpops
    Options
    Ok so an update - I rang Ebay (probably should have done that in the first place, but hey) and they looked into it for me. It seems Argos had lost my parcel and didn't send it back to the seller after the 7 day cut off point. Therefore Ebay will refund me themselves as it is not the fault of the seller. Good job I rang!
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    Argos seem pretty good at loosing things!
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    moominpops wrote: »
    Ok Tealblue - I didn't "bother" not to pick it up, I completely forgot, it happens when you are incredibly busy. I asked for advice not a smarmy post. If you can't be helpful then why post at all?

Didn't 'bother' to pick it up. Completely 'forgot'. Doesn't matter which it was.

You 'remembered' this item a month after you bought it. The seller did everything that was asked of them. It's YOUR responsibility to go collect it.

For an 'ebay newbie' you worked out how to open a case pretty quick but you couldn't find the 'contact seller' button to ask for help in locating YOUR item that YOU neglected to pick up.

Just shows how entitled and precious some people can be.

Do the decent thing, accept responsibility for YOUR mistake, contact the seller and offer to pay for the item to be sent to Argos again.
  • moominpops
    Options
    Usefulmale - there is no need to ask the seller to resend it. I no longer need the item and as the seller didn’t lose any money there is absolutely no point.

I am not entitled or precious, I simply asked for advice on what I should do. I wasn’t moaning or blaming someone else, I accept responsibility but as I didn’t have the item or my money and as my collection email said that if the item wasn’t picked up it would be returned to seller and I would receive a refund, I just wondered why I hadn’t received one yet. I was also confused as to why Ebay said it had been delivered to my address when it was actually delivered to Argos.

I also mistakenly opened a case as that was the first thing I saw to choose ‘not received my item’.

You can all chill now as I am getting my refund at no loss to the seller.
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    moominpops wrote: »
    Usefulmale - there is no need to ask the seller to resend it. I no longer need the item and as the seller didn’t lose any money there is absolutely no point.

The seller has lost the outbound postage to Argos.

As you 'no longer need' the item (no surprise there) and the mess-up is entirely yours, are you going to offer to cover the sellers initial postage?
  • Gary123456790
    Options
    usefulmale wrote: »

The seller is in the same position as if the buyer had picked up the item - they have been paid and have sent the item.

Ebay have refunded the money themselves as it seems Argos have lost the parcel.

Gary.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    usefulmale wrote: »

As you 'no longer need' the item (no surprise there) and the mess-up is entirely yours, are you going to offer to cover the sellers initial postage?

Gary sums it up perfectly well.

Why do you think the seller has lost money?
  • celestius
    celestius Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Lucky for the seller that they sent the item with tracking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure