PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Breadmaker with no instruction manual!

Options
2»

Comments

• GeoffF
    Options
    I got one of these given to me yesterday. Some of the instructions I got were not clear.
    Bread seemed to be OK when I had guessed how much I could make in one go (400g loaf with 250g flour). But when I tried to turn it out it seemed to be stuck on the paddle. Any ideas/experience appreciated.
    Thanks
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Many product manuals are available online if it helps. (A tip I can credit to Marie Kondo when I read her book in Jan 2015).

I tried it today for something I obtained via Freecycle and it worked :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Anne_Marie_2
    Anne_Marie_2 Posts: 2,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GeoffF wrote: »
    I got one of these given to me yesterday. Some of the instructions I got were not clear.
    Bread seemed to be OK when I had guessed how much I could make in one go (400g loaf with 250g flour). But when I tried to turn it out it seemed to be stuck on the paddle. Any ideas/experience appreciated.
    Thanks

One thing I've learned with a breadmaker is to stick to the recipe, and not muck about as you would do with other recipes. I use my kitchen scales faithfully and measure accurately.

I've had a Panasonic for years now, but prior to that had some other bread maker with double paddles. No matter what I did, following the recipes faithfully, the paddles always stuck inside the bread, although the bread would turn out fine most of the time. I put it down to a glitch with that particular breadmaker, as have never had the problem with the Panny. Only thing I can suggest is greasing the paddle with a little olive oil to see if that makes a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure