IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

go back to 2012

Options
when the POFa came in , and the BPA set up an appeals service (no IPC then) was not one of the terms that they had an appeals scrutiny panel , without which they could not continue?

I note the ISPA is effectively no more , 40% or staff resigned and no chair person
Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita

Comments

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    when the POFa came in , and the BPA set up an appeals service (no IPC then) was not one of the terms that they had an appeals scrutiny panel , without which they could not continue?
    Well remembered; and confirmed by the BPA in May of 2012, (see point 5 at the top of page 2). However, this letter also said all tickets issued by a BPA member shall be required to offer the appeals service; (so no mention of excluding Scotland, NI or Byelaw events).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/225767/1205-independent-appeals-service.pdf
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    we propose to transfer ,,,,,,,,,,,,

not quite independent , when ISPA staff are paid for by the BPA and have a broom cupboard at BPA headquarters

I would say a lack of IPSA should stop POPLa

ispa.JPG
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    interesting when you look at the 3 remaining board members

Manny Rasores de Toro thought that name rang a bell

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mannyrasoresdetoro

yup , a BPA director , https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/7f2uHQbeoYVApEMcPvLMBbpjymI/appointments
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And when the Odious IPC weasels came on scene all talk of an independent scrutiny board was flushed down the toilet.

and to top it all they are claiming this on their so called appeals page:
    The Independent Appeals Service is approved by Government under the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015. CTSILogo.png

Its about time the CTSI was informed of every issue with this set up, and if someone chooses to go to the IAS the CTSI should be informed of their failings, as all it does is bring the CTSI into disrepute.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    And when the Odious IPC weasels came on scene all talk of an independent scrutiny board was flushed down the toilet.

and to top it all they are claiming this on their so called appeals page:

Its about time the CTSI was informed of every issue with this set up, and if someone chooses to go to the IAS the CTSI should be informed of their failings, as all it does is bring the CTSI into disrepute.

One of the biggest failings is the IAS do not name their assessors. The UK Government ADR 2015 quite clearly states that the assessors must be named.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    So I presume that the legal requirement still applies therefore when the likes of Thieves and co go to debt collectors/Mcol you have a get out in that the rules have not been followed.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure