Which Credit card will let me transfer partners debts

Options
Hello, I am wanting to apply for a 0% of balance transfers credit card. Please can anyone advice which credit cards will let me do this and transfer my partners credit card debts to it ?

Yes I know I will become the person reasonable for the money owed after.

It is just we want to move in together and it is impossible with what he is paying out at the moment on interest.
I again fully understand it becomes my responsibility.

But I read some where someone applied for a Tesco 0% interest credit card and even though they got approved, they would let them transfer the debt from someone else's card.

But I have read it can be done, but know one says which card providers??

Any help on which ones would be great. The only one I can't apply for and do it, is Barclaycard as I have one already.

Thank you.

Comments

• tastyhog
    tastyhog Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't do it unless you're in a long term almost marriage like relationship, and even then think twice about doing it, sound like a good way to be left with the burden on someone else's debt.

If he wanted to really move in with you he would pay down his debts himself.

But any card should allow you to do it, I don't think any cards put a caveat that you must be the card account holder.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Most, apart from Tesco, are ok. Just do the BT online rather than over the phone and then you can just put the card number in without anyone asking if it is in your name
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • obay
    obay Posts: 570 Forumite
    Options
    Stay away from taking on your Partners debt. As above it could lead to bad things and will cause tension.

Please think twice.
    [STRIKE]1/12/16 - £152,599.00 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]11/11/17 - £145,990.00 [/STRIKE] <> Overpaid £3916.
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My daughter had money training !
    and then transferred most of his loans,
    then had 3 years of paying off a £17K joint debt

:(

all paid and still friends !!
    but WT?
  • knightstyle
    Options
    We have taken on DDs debt at 0% without any problem plus we did a transfer to out DS bank account at 0% again without any problems. We had to pay a fee each time.
    We used Barclaycard and Halifax cards to do this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure