My bb has been cut off by mistake

Options

Comments

• John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have no objection to the network commands themselves - it's just that I can't see what an inexperienced user is actually going to do with the resulting information!

I doubt the OP would find this of any help in solving their problem...
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The commands above will reset the tcpip stack and winsocket which may or maynot fix the OP's issue.

They dont need to do anything with the info, just type it and it will either fix it or it wont :)
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    just type it and it will either fix it or it wont :)
    Agreed...!

Welcome back, BTW
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

I actually started batch files back in the eighties.

This one is comglomeration of 'research' not "plagiarism" you understand. The fact that I can run opensuse or ubuntu inside W10 made me think of any common command lines that would work for networking.

Couldn't find any.

Yes all the bits work as a collective, and of course you can just chop out the individual lines to 'suit you sir'.
  • r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Does your desktop actually have a wifi card?
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks am going to give it a miss and wait when bt will sort this mess I am a newbie pensioner and do not want to want to mess with computer I find it difficult to type with iPad with fat fingers using one of those pen do not always work. Ever so grateful to neighbours for letting use their wifi. Will need to go round when this is sorted with wine and chocolates. I understand it will take 2 weeks. So no bb and currently without landline due to be connected today ip to midnight then had to ring to try to get old mu,brr back just do not understand if I have switched provider I would not have suffered such inconvenience and a mistake from bt I am in a mess.
  • Rubidium
    Rubidium Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    loulou41 wrote: »
    Thanks am going to give it a miss and wait when bt will sort this mess I am a newbie pensioner and do not want to want to mess with computer I find it difficult to type with iPad with fat fingers using one of those pen do not always work. Ever so grateful to neighbours for letting use their wifi. Will need to go round when this is sorted with wine and chocolates. I understand it will take 2 weeks. So no bb and currently without landline due to be connected today ip to midnight then had to ring to try to get old mu,brr back just do not understand if I have switched provider I would not have suffered such inconvenience and a mistake from bt I am in a mess.

I did tell you in your other thread that the BT executive office would have sorted this out quickly for you. You should not have to re-apply or be subject to a new 12 month contract as this was entirely BT's fault and they must rectify it and compensate you. BT executive office are very good at correcting the off shore punka wallers !!!!-ups and they will compensate you.

Don't get given the run around by anyone else in BT - go straight to the top.
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    You honestly think that this could have been sorted. Emailing the chief executive has anybody actually got any response from him. Can always email him of the outcomes afterwards as there are issues that need to be addressed to avoid somebody vulnerable going through what I have been. Thanks for your advice
    PS How easy to set bt home hub 4 is it just a matter of switching routers
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi OP, people may be a bit reluctant to provide you with any further tech advice as you have brushed off the advice so far and stated you will "give it a miss" ..

As for the exec office, yes, I emailed gavin patterson about a year ago when BT made an absolute travasty of installing a new ISDN at our workplace.

He doesnt answer personally, but the mailbox is monitored by the "executive level complaints team" who do get back to you and seem to have a bit of pull within the organisation.

Maybe they can help, its definately worth an email .. His address is [EMAIL="gavin.e.patterson@bt.com"]gavin.e.patterson@bt.com[/EMAIL]

Hope you get sorted as pain free as possible :)
  • Rubidium
    Rubidium Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    loulou41 wrote: »
    You honestly think that this could have been sorted. Emailing the chief executive has anybody actually got any response from him. Can always email him of the outcomes afterwards as there are issues that need to be addressed to avoid somebody vulnerable going through what I have been. Thanks for your advice
    PS How easy to set bt home hub 4 is it just a matter of switching routers

Yes if you had emailed straight away, it is very likely that the executive office would have simply cancelled the disconnection and compensated you. When you email the CEO, obviously he doesn't deal with your problem but there is a dedicated team that are tasked with quickly resolving issues like this. Over the years I have found that this is the only way to sort out BT problems and it always works without fail and with compensation. You should not need to set up any new hub and would not need to if they had cancelled the disconnection and reinstated your broadband and line!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure