Expedia Special fares on some BA flights - cheaper than ba.com

Options
When browsing to book flights to Tenerife for October, I noticed that Expedia have some special fares for BA flights. I booked 5 return flights for £155.64 per person. Those same flights on BA were considerably more.

Even this morning, I just looked and there is still a saving to be had.

Also, I got some Nectar points.

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looks like expedia have bought allocations and are selling them at their own prices.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • mkaml
    mkaml Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've noticed when some airlines increase prices they often stay at the lower price for days/weeks on expedia.
  • MartinF57
    Options
    Has anyone else been presented with this from Expedia? I found a holiday for myself, wife and 2 friends, selected in on Expedia at the advertised price (£370.00pp) plus £26.00 each extra for a more convenient flight schedule, and when I went to pay I was told on the payment screen that the price had gone up by £16.00pp. Not wanting to loose the holiday and disappoint our friends - I accepted and paid. I then asked Expedia why on 3 occasions and they said its down to whatever the hotel want to charge and accepted no responsibility for that. I pointed out that they had offered a holiday at a price and at no time does it tell you the price is a "guideline" price. I thought this practise of seducing you with one price and then charging more was stamped out - but clearly its not. There is little transparency here - Expedia staff just stand firm and basically say "tough" or "you accepted the price so there is no recourse". So was I supposed to try and phone them when I saw that message and risk loosing the holiday - I think not.
    So BEWARE of EXPEDIA'S methods.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We've found flights cheaper on Expedia a couple of times.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure