Boiler Install - labour cost?

I am looking to replace an old gas boiler. I have just received a quote which I have reviewed. The cost of the boiler and parts is about 15% more than online merchants' prices: no big deal. The part of the quote that got my attention was 4 days of what I conclude is labour at £2400 plus VAT. Are boiler installers in such short supply that they can now charge £600 per day?

Comments

• Unless it's an extremely complex removal & installation, I would be querying why it will be taking 4 days.
    The last time I had a boiler replaced it was all done in one day and this job wasn't a simple out and in, the new boiler was repositioned about 3 feet from where the original one was so some pipework and electrics needed to be altered.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Two day radiator flush.
  • bsod
    bsod Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    hire one, or get your hosepipe out.
    Don't you dare criticise what you cannot understand
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If OP decides to do her /his own radiator flushing then the installer will likely just drop the job. If OP isnt happy with quote then they need to look elsewhere. I have dealt with new boiler installs where they have not been adequately flushed and water treated pre and post install and the new boiler has been junk within a few months of install.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • That does seem expensive for labour, sounds like London labour rates :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure