PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Possibility of hidden CCTV in shared house

Options

Comments

• stuckdebt
    stuckdebt Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    the only fittings in the kitchen is the units, then the smoke detector and lights. ive looked at all of these and not noticed anything..

If there are hidden cameras, then I expect I shall get into trouble over a stupid thing I did last week to get my own back on said manager, for calling me unspeakable things and stealing my food....
    Total debt Aug 2012: £3800, Nov: £3225, Dec: £3151.45 2013: Jan: £1544.24 :j Feb: £1492.03 :( Sept 2013: Debt free :D
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The manager stole your food?
  • stuckdebt
    Options
    Yeah, but I have no proof of it (I didnt catch him, but I know he was the only person to enter the kitchen in the period.)
    Total debt Aug 2012: £3800, Nov: £3225, Dec: £3151.45 2013: Jan: £1544.24 :j Feb: £1492.03 :( Sept 2013: Debt free :D
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bodily fluids in his food?
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • stuckdebt
    Options
    no ?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Could there be CCTV outside the property? I wonder if the concern is non-paying guests staying overnight.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    vax2002 wrote: »
    They can be disguised as smoke detectors, PIR alarm sensors, in clock faces, they only need a hole the size of a pinhead
    Do you work for M15? :D

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • stuckdebt
    Options
    I dont think it is that, im pretty sure the concern is things going missing in the kitchen. I know ive had loads of food go missing since ive been here, as have a few other people.

But the problem I have, is that there are no signs saying that CCTV is being recorded on the premises and there is nothing in the tenancy agreement. And that I may have been 'set up' to get 'caught'
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    stuckdebt wrote: »
    I dont think it is that, im pretty sure the concern is things going missing in the kitchen. I know ive had loads of food go missing since ive been here, as have a few other people.
    As with student digs, the answer is a small fridge in your room, and a padlock on your food cupboard.

CCTV is an expensive solution to the theft of relatively inexpensive items!

• stuckdebt
    Options
    To be honest, I dont know if i should believe it or not.. maybe they said it to scare people (The manager knew i was in the hall), or maybe there actually is CCTV..

The one thing I know is, I want to get out of this place at once. The last couple of years living here have made my life a nightmare. I have been bullied by the manager quite a bit the last few months, and its getting to me.. its just finding the money to move that is the problem.

What do I do if the landlord/manager comes up to me and confronts me about what I did? Do I deny it? Ask to see how they came to that conclusion?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure