NatWest Packaged Account Fees - Reclaim?

Options
Hiya

Not sure whether my mum has a case to claim against Natwest for packaged account fees.

3-4 years ago, my mum wanted to open an account for my brother who is autistic. It was to be a joint account but my mum had overruling control of the account. My brother wasn't in work but received disability living allowance, my mum's financial situation wasn't great but had a regular income coming in.

For this account, there wasn't a need for any overdraft, checkbook or anything else. Just an account for wages/DLA to go in and money to be withdrawn or payment on card. Just a simple account was all they were after.

However, Natwest were insistent that the only way that she could open an account was for her to pay £10 a month for their silver package. They explained the benefits (insurance, etc) to which she said that she wouldn't use any, but still said the ONLY way she could open an account with them.

She assumed that was her only option so opened the account. I'm sure she's able to claim the fees back but I'm not sure. Could anyone offer any guidance or advice?

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice received.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport