Redundancy & Holiday Pay

Options
Hello,

I have been notified that I may be made redundant in the next week, as the company is no longer sustainable. We work in an industry where 6 months of the year are extremely busy working well over our contracted hours and accumulating time in lieu holiday which is then taken in the quiet winter period.

The busy period has just ended, and my question is if I am made redundant now with a large amount of time in leiu from hours already worked am I entitled to be paid for these upon being made redundant?

Thanks,

Callum

Comments

• ssparks2003
    Options
    have you asked the company what the intend to do?
  • callum01256
    Options
    We are a small company, and I am the most senior member of staff other than the CEO who is not english or a resident here so is unaware of any obligations of making me redundant. I am researching to find out what obligations they legally have to me.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    Time off in lieu is generally not payable. Because it is time, not money. But you would need to ask the administrator to confirm their intentions.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Will depend on your contract for TOIL and notice and if they plan to pay out or go bust.

If you can get them to cough up the money as part of a PILON deal shutting the place down.

If going bust and relying on the NI fund it would need some contractual commitment that the money is due a bit like term time workers that get paid over 12 months.
  • bjcelite31
    Options
    I am currently working in a business that has been closed by the landlords and this happened whilst I am taking holiday.
    I am due to return to the business but closure is still imminent for the time being until the business owner resolves the situation, which could take some time.
    Do I still get paid for my holiday, is it void because of closure, can I take more holiday until this is resolved??
    You're help would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport