PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th October 2017

Options

Comments

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 October 2017 at 11:59PM
    Options
    Evening all and a warm welcome/welcome back to ruby_eskimo, BearPearSun, raphael:hello:

Congrats raphael on getting a new house

Well done Valli - new p/t job, lost more weight and sorted the * that hit the fan. Brilliant start to the week :D

Happy wedding anniversary Fayolle for tomorrow

Thank you ladies for the lists, last week and this week

Dailies done
    Spanish lessons done
    I have dusted all through, top to bottom

Been busy batch cooking all afternoon. Will finish it tomorrow and then portion and freeze. Think I might try to defrost small freezer first whilst it's not chocker, though I also have a Mr T delivery tomorrow as well.

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Extras:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom
    Check fire alarms are working
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extras..
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    Make a list of things you need to buy!!

Sending gws vibes for the pooches (and peoples if you need some)
    Hugs, spoons and sticks all round as needed
    Hope you all have a great Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 October 2017 at 3:16AM
    Options
    :T:T:T:T:T Monday list all done :T:T:T:T:T

Finally hit my DS's bedroom today, sorting out old toys before xmas and also decoupaging into football theme - will take me all week but headway made

Today's list copied ready for tomorrow, although I start physio tomorrow morning so unsure what i'll get done
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Valli well done on 2nd job.
    Finally mananger to check my banks account, lazyitis set in................garage has finally decided how much I owe them for the car service over 2 ot 3 weeks ago now.........so I'll pop down and pay them

Wm is no
    Ironing to do
    I'll also run the hoover around, OH did it, but not to my standard, so as he is at work for the day...........it will get done again

back later
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • x_raphael_xx
    Options
    Morning all, slow start for me this morning, fell back to sleep until 08:30, still in my pjs now.
    Window cleaner I messaged yesterday has knocked on the door unexpectedly, so that's been organised at least.

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Level Two...
    Clean toilets
    Level Three...
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Extras:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    • Clean the radiators in these room
    Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Level One...

[STRIKE]Check fire alarms are working[/STRIKE] Thanks for this. I suddenly realised I had no idea if we had smoke alarms! Didn't cross my mind during the move. Luckily we have two, I have now tested & they are working.
    [STRIKE]Remove and wash bed linen[/STRIKE].
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    [STRIKE]15 minutes floordrobe clearance [/STRIKE]
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extras..
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • [STRIKE]Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it![/STRIKE] Back door is always open for the pup so draughts are ignored in our house. Might be time to see if he will be happy with a doggy dog as winter sets in thou!

Other bits
    Organise stuff to sell
    Tidy books
    Paint Duncans room

BF has finished the cladding, so its time to paint the room. I have painted the lampshade this morning with a little tester paint we had left over.
    The one in the room was mint green, and we're going for a burnt orange & red mahogany theme so it didn't suit. I couldn't find a new one I liked, so I have improvised. Doesn't look half bad.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning!

House looked like chaos this morning, but having just been round setting it back in order, it didn't take as long as expected. Just baby paraphernalia really. I think he's waking up so will see to the nappy and feed him.

Expecting groceries to arrive, so could do with wiping the fridge out. Have kids clothes to put away too. And some more reading. Will S&S upstairs bathrooms today as well. DW is on, and I'll do a small wash in a bit. Microbaby barfed on DS blanket :rotfl:

We have dentist after school, then hopefully a peaceful evening. Think mum will be collecting microbaby before the school run. Aww, kiddies were very excited to take him to school this morning and show him to their friends. They didn't even argue about pushing the pram, just took turns really nicely :T

Right. Bums and tums to attend to!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Options
    You have lovely kids, Bossy, even if they do test your patiencea bit sometimes.
    If I haven't done it I'm not going to worry about it, look at what I have done not what I haven't. Be positive.

That's the way to look at it, Mademoiselle. We spend far too much time aiming for perfection when, 'It'll do' is good enough.

Happy anniverary Fayolle! I hope you have a really lovely day and your DD recovers quickly. As for crocheting, this is the third time I've signed up for a course and done it - I've signed up for loads more that have been cancelled because of lack of numbers. This tutor is absolutely brilliant, and runs very reasonable courses once or twice at year here. I love the place. I'm practising like crazy because we're moving on to squares this Saturday, and then hats and flowers in about a month's time.
    pigpen wrote: »
    I think I might just be far too old for such capers.. a friend got married last year at 55 and it just felt wrong.. I mean, why bother at that age?

At the ripe old age of 85 someone I knew got married for the first time. What do you think happens to us when we get past whatever age is the cut off point, Piggers?!!!!

Thank you for the healing vibes, Lamewolf. Kelpie's back to normal, so the defo worked. By the way, Ionafan, although I buy branded probiotic paste from Vet UK, they do a generic one that may be worth a try. I've found the website 100% reliable, having come across it via MSE years ago.

Lovely to see you back Raphael! Exciting, buying a house; absolutely right to get on top of the Flying and unpacking before it descends into the chaotic muddle most of us live in before we join the thread. I love your idea of painting the lampshade - I searched for months before I could find the lampshades I wanted, and eventually did at Trago Liskeard, but on reflection it would have saved a lot of time and money if I'd just painted the horrible coloured old ones.

Welcome back PiggyBankShaker! :wave:

Tidying up and finishing outstanding paperwork left over from yesterday's assault on it, then a bit more crochet homework, then sewing. The rest of the week's going to be flat out so I'm enjoying the calm while I have it. Have an excellent day, Flyladies!
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Options
    Kitchen now sorted
    Sandwich eaten
    Ironing all done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    I was about to say good morning to you all! Whoops!

Chaotic day/week so far. Managed to wash my bedding yesterday, went to the tip and did a whole host of other chores.

Elderly relative fell at the weekend. She has 4 grown up children, who all live near to her, yet one of them has suggested it's appropriate for her to come and stay with me for a few weeks :cool: She's 80 years old, can't wash/feed herself etc (broken arm) - but somehow it's appropriate for her to stay with me who a) has two young kids who are boisterous b) has 2 part-time jobs and c) is hardly ever at home. What the actual hell?! Why can't she stay with them?! Rant over. I would do anything to help but that seriously would be too much. It also wouldn't be fair on her.

Back to today. Had an argument with the pharmacist this morning, got drenched walking to school and it's DD swimming lesson after school. Roll on 7pm!

Will catch up properly tomorrow when I hope to have some proper time to crack on. Big hugs, sticks and spoons where needed xx

PS Valli - hope you're ok love xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 October 2017 at 2:21PM
    Options
    Fitbit has just told me I need to get off my butt and move, so no time like the present!
    Any piece of tech that started telling me I ought to move my butt would very swiftly find itself being given a free flying lesson - and not the sort of Flying we do here, either! :rotfl:
    pigpen wrote: »
    a friend got married last year at 55 and it just felt wrong.. I mean, why bother at that age? another friend got married in may at 43 ..
    It's "horses for courses" I think; Mr LW was 53 and I was 43 when we got married. :o
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    We spend far too much time aiming for perfection when, 'It'll do' is good enough.
    Ah, that's my problem - I was taught at a very early age that anything less than perfect was Not Good Enough (got told off on one glorious occasion for *only* getting 98% in a maths exam) so when I fall short of perfect I get depressed and feel I want to stop bothering at all.

I'm pleased that Kelpie is feeling better, btw. :o

ETA: ATB just seen your post - you must've posted while I was typing. My reaction - Ridiculous and totally impractical. Plus, who on earth do they think they are, trying to dictate who you invite into your home to stay??
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • PiggyBankShaker
    Options
    Hi Fliers!

Just a quick check in. Feeling bleurgh today, have a lingering chest infection and Aunt Flo is visiting. However, I put my big girl pants on and gave myself a firm talking to and 1) did some washing up (after going to the shop for washing up liquid) 2) vacuumed floors in bedroom and on landing 3) cleared a grotspot.

This evening I hope to get a coat of paint on an upcycling project I'm working on, between taking DS to gymnastics and feeding the kids...

Hope everyone's Tuesday is going well.
    • Mortgage over-payments to date: = £16,746
    • Original redemption date: August 2043
    • Current redemption date: July 2041
    • Debt: £15,930
    • Savings: £12,430
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income