Waiting for DRO

Options
Jr14
Jr14 Posts: 60 Forumite
Hi - does anyone know how long it will take for credit companies to issue a ccj ot bailiffs please?
I am currently applying for a DRO and have been told it will take about 12 weeks to go through - they have stated as well that in that timeframe creditors could take me to court etc?
Many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Jr14
    Options
    And also if it takes 12 weeks to process I am going to incur a lot of non payment fees - which I have obviously not included in my balance as it stands now - does anyone know how this works?
  • Jr14
    Options
    It's so nerve wracking isn't it!!
    Have you been getting any phone calls etc yet?

I originally started my application with cab but after they informed me it could take 12 weeks I have also just sent the info back to stepchange so I'm going to see which is the quickest - I have a barcode for cab but I'm not going to pay it just yet if stepchange is quixkeat! Have they told you a rough timescale at all?

Hope you hear back soon also too 🙏🏼
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Jr14 and Amy13

First of all don’t panic, you’re not alone. You can always ask questions on the forum or from one of the free debt advice agencies. For specific queries about your application contact Stepchange who will be happy to help you.

As mentioned above, you will be asked to get final balances on your debts just before they are submitted to the Insolvency Service. That means you won’t be held liable for any extra charges incurred during the application process.

With regards to action that might be taken in the meantime, your credit debts will have limited powers. Even if court action is taken (and it may well not be) you don’t have to attend court. You’ll fill in a form and make an offer you can afford. As long as you pay the amount the court has agreed to your creditors can’t take further action, and once the DRO is made the CCJ will be included. I hope this has put your minds a bit more at ease.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Jr14
    Options
    6 weeks isn't as bad as 12 then:)

Still seems like a lifetime at the moment though I'm already getting so many letters etc 😫

Ah okay thanks susie that makes sense re balances! Hopefully everything will be straightforward and go through quickly!

X
  • Jr14
    Options
    Or does that mean 6 weeks after you've paid? Xx
  • Jr14
    Options
    Great thank you :) hopefully we'll hear back soon x
  • Pickles02
    Options
    Hi Amy13,

How long did it take to receive your bar code, 4 or 6 weeks? I've tried working it out from your replies but unsure. I'm deserate for mine to arrive. ��
  • Pickles02
    Options
    Thanks for replying. I emailed over my application on 12th Oct and received a letter from them stating the DRO team received my application on 16th Oct. I called Step change on 30th for an update, they went over my SOA again and asked for information I've already provided. I.e. reference numbers, car reg etc. So I'm panicking slighly, although they've said I should receive the draft and barcode in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

I'll give them a ring at the end of this coming week. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Jr14
    Options
    Not heard back yet but there was a delay as they got confused with my wages (dropped my hours therefore had a change in salary etc). But they sent me a letter rather than ringing. They said I’d hear in 2-3 weeks and think this was about 2 weeks ago so hopefully I will get it through soon! Glad yours has come through :) keep us updated xx
  • Jr14
    Options
    I’m getting so many calls and emails I’m starting to worry a bit ... a lot ��
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure