IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco to get blue badge info from dvla

Options

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    And Tesco uses Horizon ???

Do Tesco really think they will keep customers if they involve
    their customers in this sham ???

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/horizon-parking-youve-been-gladstoned.html

Of course not!!

Their customers will go to.....
    ASDA But hang on
    Aldi Nope, same problem
    Morrisons Don't they have PPCs?
    Lidl I though I read somewhere........
    Sainsbury Possibly, if you get the right store
    Waitrose So do the maths between their prices over a year and the potential ticket
    Co-op Their large supermarkets are also infested.

Yep, BG, people will opt to starve themselves and thereby put the supermarkets out of business. Job done. :T :beer:
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Of course not!!

Their customers will go to.....
    ASDA But hang on
    Aldi Nope, same problem
    Morrisons Don't they have PPCs?
    Lidl I though I read somewhere........
    Sainsbury Possibly, if you get the right store
    Waitrose So do the maths between their prices over a year and the potential ticket
    Co-op Their large supermarkets are also infested.

Yep, BG, people will opt to starve themselves and thereby put the supermarkets out of business. Job done. :T :beer:

Pleased to say that in my area, there are 3 small Tesco's with no vermin, a big Waitrose in a council car park, simple pay machine and refunded in store and a Lidl using the same system, and 2 co-op stores with totally free parking.

There is Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Asda but I never go near them because of the vermin.

So starving is not an issue and sorry to hear that it might be an issue in your area
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    What really annoys me is the way soooo many old blokes (and it is mainly old men) think they 'own' the disabled bays and yet you see them shopping and moving around as sprightly as anyone else, day in, day out. One wonders how some of the oldies 'pass' the test with their GP and convince them they can't walk the requisite number of metres.

Having worked in Disability Advice myself in the past, I make no apology for that observation.
    For someone who claims to have worked in "Disability Advice" I don't see how you can make an observation regarding someones disability just by looking at them go about their business in a supermarket.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Pleased to say that in my area, there are 3 small Tesco's with no vermin, a big Waitrose in a council car park, simple pay machine and refunded in store and a Lidl using the same system, and 2 co-op stores with totally free parking.

There is Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Asda but I never go near them because of the vermin.

So starving is not an issue and sorry to hear that it might be an issue in your area

It's not an issue to me. We too have small supermarkets and also a mammoth Tesco in a free multi-outlet site, a Waitrose that is currently free, but with more cars on the road and parking in some places at a premium, then it is inevitable that more restrictions will be imposed. Ironically, the nearest Tesco Extra is on a 90 minute site and the local co-op has woeful parking as it shares its site with doctors, pub, garage etc.

Now I would rather park free for 2 hours and use my watch than have a pay on exit system than could be a nightmare at busy times such as Christmas and Sale times.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    It's not an issue to me. We too have small supermarkets and also a mammoth Tesco in a free multi-outlet site, a Waitrose that is currently free, but with more cars on the road and parking in some places at a premium, then it is inevitable that more restrictions will be imposed. Ironically, the nearest Tesco Extra is on a 90 minute site and the local co-op has woeful parking as it shares its site with doctors, pub, garage etc.

Now I would rather park free for 2 hours and use my watch than have a pay on exit system than could be a nightmare at busy times such as Christmas and Sale times.

I am certain that throughout the UK most can find car parks with no vermin, just a case of being vermin savvy
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    For someone who claims to have worked in "Disability Advice" I don't see how you can make an observation regarding someones disability just by looking at them go about their business in a supermarket.
    Point taken. I was thinking of a couple of neighbours in my street who I actually know a fair bit more about and who can certainly walk all over the place but still have Blue Badges they've somehow got by 'proving' mobility issues. The old guys who think they own disabled bays and judge other younger people are the worst, I wish that wasn't the case but it is, and was when I was a Disability Advice Manager too.

Often younger people had the greatest need. Not necessarily a Blue Badge though.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ANNOYED1
    ANNOYED1 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So had my first experience of this policy today. Parked in parent and child space as no disabled bays were available. This store has more parent and child bays than disabled.
    Went to the guy taking pictures and told him i need to park in disabled bay but none are available can i park in P+C bays.
    He said customers will complain if you dont have a child seat.
    A disabled bay became available and said I could park there.
    I told him i have spoken to someone at tesco about needing a disabled bay and they said go to customer service and they should be able to help.
    Went customer service who said its for blue badge holders only or those with a disabled pass. I havent heard of a disabled pass before. Maybe its the freedom bus pass?
    I asked to speak to a manager but none were available.
    I left the store and went to speak to the guy taking photos and he said i wouldnt be receiving a charge.
    So I will have to go through this whole process again everytime i visit a Tesco store. When in previous occasions i have left a note which states i have a disability under the Equality Act and not had a problem. I use the same note throughout all private car parks that i use. This note informs the parking attendant that i have a disability and need the space. There is not normally an attendant visible in most car parks therefore i leave the note displayed on the dashboard in clear view.

The parking signs have not changed from the ones previous which were done by horizon. The signs are so far up that i am unable to read them. A bigger sign near the entrance of car park says free 3 hours parking.

I have not gotten a reply from tesco head office (about needed a disabled bay) other then they are going to investigate my email.
  • ANNOYED1
    ANNOYED1 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The people taking photos are the trolley collectors and have no clue about the equality act despite tesco telling me that they would be informed.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ANNOYED1 wrote: »
    Went to the guy taking pictures and told him i need to park in disabled bay but none are available can i park in P+C bays.
    He said customers will complain if you dont have a child seat.
    You don't need a child seat if the child is at least 135cm tall, so plenty of under 12's won't need them.
    https://www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules/using-a-child-car-seat-or-booster-seat
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hang on; "customers will complain if you don't have a child seat", so another unsigned, unwritten rule rears its head that's governed by what any old mummy with a child in tow thinks!
    What a crock of dung!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport