EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £10.78 from Prolific now landed and been transferred straight off the 0% card - which takes me above 30% paid off! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    OK - new underpinnings arrived and tried on last night. The ordinary sports bra seems fine and will be being kept. The "sports vest with integral bra" was baffling to even get on and seemed to be designed in sunch a way that it is impossible to get the wires in the right place, so I think it going back, and one of the two ordinary bras was FAR larier in colour than it looked in the picture and I didn't even bother trying on. The other is gorgeous though and I'm wearing it right now! :D So the original £81 spend will reduce to £39 when I return the other items and the refund goes through. :T

The Best Cucumber Salad was really tasty and I'd definitely make it again! Ended up going with the "perfectly imperfect" cucumbers from ThaT supermarkeT as they were only 35p AND were British. Still got two of them left too although I think the ends will need cutting off as the fridge froze them. Sigh. Planning salad for tomorrow night I think so might make some more of the cucumber for then as I still have some dill AND some salad onions left. :T

:rotfl::rotfl: at Greying growing a beard and Cheery resolutely refusing to buy new jeans!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • dionysia
    dionysia Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    :eek: Bra shopping is the worst shopping to me! Well done on getting two out of four that work!
    June 2017: owe £16,818.
    June 2018: owe £13,263.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    dionysia wrote: »
    :eek: Bra shopping is the worst shopping to me! Well done on getting two out of four that work!

Second only to shoe shopping in y world - I HATE buying shoes! :rotfl:
    she/her
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Hello EH! I've finally made it over to your diary :)

Jeans shopping is the worst for me so I could totally see myself using a hair bobble on my existing pair rather than buy new ones!
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Hi Georgiana - thanks for popping by! Jeans shopping can also be a nightmare - I'm with you! I've found some M&S ones that work for me - usually I'm caught in a gap where "petite" ones are too short and standard short leg are too long - the M&S ones seem to come up at about 28" though which is just about OK. (Plus they're available in the Outlet store for £18 a pair which I'm happy to pay!)
    she/her
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    At a measly 5'2 jeans shopping is my worst nightmare :o my favourites are the New Look short jeans, they go down to 26 length which means they just about fit me okay, and they're cheap! I used to wear topshop ones but at £40 a pair I decided I didn't want to be fashionable anymore :rotfl:
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • EssexHebridean
    edited 28 June 2017 at 4:53PM
    Options
    Ha - you have me beaten by a whole inch Silver Queen! BUT I have long legs for my height hence the standard petite being too short. I used to love Next jeans but found the same thing on the increasing price tag - I refuse to pay that for a pair of jeans either!

Prolific just came up trumps with a nice £2.50 survey - I've been a lazy mare on there this week so need to get back to checking it. Now showing £6.35 payable with £5.37 pending.
    she/her
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I hate clothes shopping full stop for myself. I usually get my years worth in the boxing day next sale with gift cards I've saved from surveys :o I have no interest in shopping at all! :o

I'm loving PA :D
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Today will not be particularly MSE-friendly as I'm meeting a pal for dinner. However - the pal concerned is a fellow MSE'er and so vouchers have been obtained! :D I don't often go out midweek so it will be a really nice change! :T

Decent amount of kitchen progress over the last few days - it's really starting to come together now although the electrician has done the dirty on us by putting a switch in the wrong place and now says he's "too busy" to come back and fix it. He's got until lunchtime to agree to sort it before I get his details out on social media with our town as the hashtag... I'll be furious if I have to pay extra for sorting it now not least as it seems he knew before I paid his final bit of bill that it needed doing. Anyway very much hoping that by the end of today we will have a fridge back in the kitchen at which stage I can organise to get the old one and the dishwasher collected. :T

I need to start thinking about the new rubbish bin and kettle and stuff we'll need - might have a browse around at the weekend although I'm pretty sure that we know which bin we're going for. I love the "SimpleHuman" ones but there's not a chance I'm paying the prices they want and their more "budget" stuff looks really poorly made (to be honest the expensive ones don't look that great!).

Prolific is quiet this morning. Did a short YouGov one earlier though so that's another 50 points to the good. Taking SO long to get there with those though!
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills