Dolce Gusto Mini-Me machine + 3 boxes of pods + pod holder Tesco £45

Options
Cottage_Economy
Cottage_Economy Posts: 1,227 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
edited 17 October 2017 at 6:21PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Just come across this. With Christmas coming up thought this might be a useful gift:

Nescafe® Dolce Gusto® coffee-machine bundle

Click and Collect is free or delivery starts at £3.00.

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 17 Oct: You can get this Dolce Gusto Mini-Me machine, three boxes of coffee pods and a pod holder online at Tesco Direct for £45 (delivery is £3 or you can collect in store for free). We’ve asked Tesco Direct how long this will be at this price, and whether stock is limited - we’ll update you here when we know. The next cheapest we found for the same bundle was £49.48 at eBuyer.com.

Online reviews of this bundle are decent, with people suggesting it’s good for students.
Big thanks to Cottage Economy for the spot!

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    are the capsules expensive? That's always what puts me off these sort of machines.
  • Cottage_Economy
    Cottage_Economy Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October 2017 at 11:10AM
    Options
    Can be. It depends where you buy them from. I tend to buy in bulk either when they go on offer in one of the supermarkets, or I keep an eye out online and see if I there is a discount code or voucher to use with a retailer that sells them. Some places on amazon and ebay sell big bags of loose pods, but not sure if these are seconds or knock-offs. You also have to be careful with the low price per pod they 'claim' - especially if you have to add postage on.

There are 16 pods in a box, although if you buy the milk-based drinks such as latte and cappuccino you have to use one milk and one coffee pod, so you only get 8 drinks.

I tend to only have one cappuccino a day as a mid-morning treat, but if you like having five a day then it will get expensive!
  • Mrembo
    Mrembo Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The pods are going for £2.49 in Lidl
  • Cottage_Economy
    Options
    Mrembo wrote: »
    The pods are going for £2.49 in Lidl

I'm not sure they are compatible pods. The ones in my local Lidl are for Nespresso machines, which are different. The Nespresso pods appear to be smaller. I'm not sure though whether bigger branches or Lidl sell Dolce Gusto compatible pods?
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Does anyone else have any good, cheap sources of compatible pods?
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • greyfox
    greyfox Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not sure they are compatible pods. The ones in my local Lidl are for Nespresso machines, which are different. The Nespresso pods appear to be smaller. I'm not sure though whether bigger branches or Lidl sell Dolce Gusto compatible pods?

The large Lidl near us has Dolce Gusto compatible pods (brand is Bella Cafe) at £2.49 for 16 pods. Three varieties: Lungo (long black) + 2 milky ones. (Not sure which these are as I only drink black coffee.) It takes longer for the water to go through the pods than it does with genuine DG pods but the coffee itself is good.

The smaller Lidl branch a few miles away only stocks Nespresso-compatible pods.
  • lossiequine
    Options
    why buy compatible pods when you can get better coffee and be eco friendly too - check these out for dolce gusto machines! greenhoopcoffee.com

I have and they work, and best of all you can use whatever coffee you like!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure